• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by smsTarrant

  1. S

    Unreal Engine 4 Augmented Reality Fight Scene

    Like what NASA is working on. https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-microsoft-collaborate-to-bring-science-fiction-to-science-fact
  2. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    the pivot software seems to be a separate install on the disc. "Install Pivot Pro" is second to last option on the list when you do the autorun. Just got my monitor today and have noticed no issues yet. EDIT: of course this may not be exactly what you wanted, but Pivot Pro sits in...
  3. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say, thanks
  4. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Hoping your right about the "fill to max" thing. Would like to make sure about the black bar thing when you get a chance Moogle.
  5. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Shadow couple questions on the input detect problem 1. Does it matter if you do an auto detect or manual change? 2. What video card are you using? I think I remember reading some other monitors having similar issues with one manufacturer but not the other, can't remember which though
  6. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    I think this is the only bit of information/confirmation I am waiting on before I pull the trigger. Specifically PS3 over HDMI, although with 2 DVI connections i guess it may not matter that much.
  7. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    That is true Now I'm just waiting for a couple more reviews before I jump.
  8. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    yeah, that was the UK site. I'm hoping that they just figure there are fewer people over here that would understand if they listed an actual tech. I think some one said they talked to a US rep who said they would be IPS
  9. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Well there you go then. Noticed that the US site does not seem to list the actual panel type, just "active matrix TFT". Hoping that is not a bad sign. Would like to know if there is any overscan/cropping issue on HDMI like some other monitors have had, if anyone would be willing to check.
  10. S

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    since I have not seen a definitive answer yet I thought I'd post this link to PRAD which reports that all digital inputs support HDCP. Doesn't make it a certainty I suppose, but it would be pretty odd to not have it at all. http://www.prad.de/en/news/shownews_tft1757.html
  11. S

    Cable Box To HDMI LCD and Analog TV = Headache

    I am sure I'll be corrected if I am mistaken, but I believe the cable box HDMI is not buggy at all. Switching to vga I would guess basicly turns off the HDMI port on the monitor, so there is no longer a handshake for the HDCP. Unpluging the hdmi cable from the box should give back the coax...
  12. S

    HDMI Cable for new TV

    You are correct. At least you knew enough to go to monoprice
  13. S

    Head Mounted Displays

    I don't know much about HMDs, but I do try to keep up a little bit. It depends on what resolution you are wanting. I think that the highest resolution in a readily available unit is 800x600, but I may have missed a couple. But not having actually used any head mounted displays, I'm not sure how...
  14. S

    DoubleSight DS-263N - 26"

    Google search shows that the HDCP issue may not be caused by the DS. The folks here have a theory or two that seem plausible.
  15. S

    DoubleSight DS-263N - 26"

    @Moto and anyone else that can answer Did you try both DVI ports? I've seen at least one monitor where only one port was HDCP.
Back
Top