• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by sleepyxtreme

  1. S

    Help me with a cheap build!

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Amazon) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($50.98 @...
  2. S

    Help me with a cheap build!

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($200.00) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($125.99 @...
  3. S

    Help me with a cheap build!

    I'm using the leftover parts from my old computer to build a computer for a friend. I have a GTX 560ti, 1000w Corsair hx1000 power supply, 4 gigs of ddr3 2000 (that i'll probably downclock to 1600), and a cd/dvd drive. Friend is going to use the computer for internet browsing/ word...
  4. S

    Wireless Network PCIe card?

    I just got this: Networking: ASUS PCE-AC56 ($59.99 @ Amazon) Total: $59.99 and it works very well.
  5. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    well the problem is that the manual for the cooler said the fan should be an intake, so I thought it would not make sense for the back fan to be an intake and have the only exhaust be from the top If I rotated the block 180 do you think it would be okay? basically going from a curve to a...
  6. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    had to go to work today but I figured I'd post because in the entire build I had one major problem I didn't fix yet: I was afraid of breaking the CPU cooler tubes so I mounted it upside down so that there wouldn't be pressure on the tubes. I twisted and flipped the block and the radiator and...
  7. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    I pulled the trigger! I've been building for a few hours (making really dumb mistakes causing tons of delays and going slow to avoid big mistakes) Microcenter gave me some awesome deals, they price matched everything. I got a 970 for only $325. it's an evga that's overclocked but 33% quieter...
  8. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130796&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=7718204&SID=pchound $160 x99 motherboard! but i don't like msi!
  9. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    I honestly haven't decided lol I'm leaning toward x99 because i don't mind the extra $200 that much. Here's the other thing that i've focused on: when comparing the benchmarks for games (not overclocked), they're neck and neck (within only 1-3 fps on most games and up to 15 on one or two games...
  10. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    in terms of noise, I'm aiming for something that can sound like ambient noise like a low air conditioner. so I guess that's "moderate"? if I decided to go low noise, what steps would I take, other than just replacing all the fans with quieter ones and putting rubber pieces on the hard drive...
  11. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    I appreciate all the info, I'm learning a lot, however, I think I have to disagree with you on some things for one reason: more power = more heat = more noise 1. the 960 requires much less power and performs on par with he R9 280. (230w vs 400w). this means the 960 will be cooler AND my...
  12. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    very interesting, a few questions though: 1. my current computer's ram was sync'd or linked to the CPU . in order to achieve 4 ghz and sync , my memory had to be set to 2000 for the highest multiplier. Syncing or linking (I forget the formal name) supposedly provided some stability and...
  13. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    I live close to microcenter. Time frame is really just whenever i decide to pull the trigger. Games: COD, Diablo, Crysis, Dragon Age, Borderlands, racing games (need for speed) and other FPS games. The reason I want to go six core is the last time i went dual core over quad core and regretted...
  14. S

    Help me build a good X99 desktop

    So my budget is around $1500 or less for a new X99 build. My current build has become completely unstable and I get frequent screen freezes for 30 seconds to a minute, random resets and BSODs. After attempting to troubleshoot /down clock, I feel like these problems could be from anything...
  15. S

    An Interesting Idea

    WOW seriously that is exactly what i was thinking hmmm more complicated than i thought
Back
Top