Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Found a fix.
Adding line shown below to OpenVPN config fixes the issue. I don't know if the buffer value is very high or if tweaking the value can improve things further but the connection speed is satisfactory following addition of this line.
rcvbuf 393216
Hi,
I'm running into a peculiar issue while on VPN connection using OpenVPN on a Lenovo laptop.
Lenovo laptop is T560.
Using OpenVPN config file provided by my VPN provider.
Tested on Ubuntu and Windows 7 using laptop Wifi, laptop LAN and dongle LAN.
Tested the same OpenVPN config on different...
It appears I posted to hastily. At 6:40 AM local time I did receive a response basically congratulating me on a job well done finding the datasheet, because they were too lazy to do so themselves, and confirming that based on said datasheet my CPU does support Unbuffered ECC and that I should...
No follow up response from AMD. Either to proud to admit mistake, don't care or perhaps my e-mail didn't reach them somehow. I am surprised that AMD tech support would be this clueless about their own products. (I know, these people are probably outsourced to the lowest bidder and don't care...
Asus tech responded saying things which to me indicate he/she completely failed at reading comprehension. Did not address a single of my questions and went on talking about things that are related but don't address a single of my issues.
AMD tech responded saying that my CPU does not support...
Installed Sisoft Sandra.
Under "Computer Overview", when ECC is enabled in BIOS this screen shows ECC in multiple locations. Like: Chipset -> Memory Controller, Computer -> Total Memory and Memory Modules -> Memory Module
When I turn ECC off in BIOS, ECC is nowhere to be seen in "Computer...
I just bought (Kingston Server Memory w/TS Model KVR16E11K4/32 - Newegg.com) hoping to add ECC memory to my server.
Server is running Asus Crosshair V Formula with AMD Phenom II x6 1100T CPU.
MB states it supports ECC. Phenom II I believe should support ECC, right?
Yet CPU-Z is not showing...
Air flow is far from perfect.
In:
Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM @ 1200 RPM when idle. Bottom front. The fan is restricted on the intake and blow side. On the blow side there is a hard drive cage right next to it with two hard drives. Basically I barely feel any air reaching past...
Getting some more data...
My place is very dusty. I noticed that the radiator had quite a bit of dust buildup so I cleaned it.
A safe conclusion I think, is that this action has brought the temps down by around 2C.
Prior to HS dusting: 24.6C ambient lead to 74C temp with 75C peak.
After...
Yes, it would probably be best that the 'X' was not broken, that way the paste would just spread outwards instead of partially inwards to cover the broken areas.
As for all of heat generation being in the center, T4 is a perfect example that it just does not work for me. T4 shows probably...
evilsofa, I think that is the best way to go about it and it's what I'm doing right now. Maybe next week I'll try an 'X' application, three weeks later maybe I'll try a spread application. I think different coolers and paste might require different CPU surface coverage percentage for optimal...
Ok, updated first post with two additional applications of paste and updated initial picture to include pictures after HS removal.
Observations.
Looks like the more the paste covers the CPU the better the cooling.
Looks like the higher the pump liquid temp the better the heat transfer and...