Recent content by silencer51

  1. S

    Which 980 Ti for Corsair Obsidian 250D case?

    Do you use watercooling for your CPU? How are the temps inside the case?
  2. S

    Which 980 Ti for Corsair Obsidian 250D case?

    Right now I'm using a stock 780 Ti in my 250D itx case which I'm thinking of replacing with a 980ti. The problem is, should I go stock again (blower design) or go the custom pcb route? Are there any custom 980 Tis which fit in this case? Also, will a custom cooler increase my case's ambient...
  3. S

    980 Ti

    Why is everyone hating on the reference design? It looks good, keeps temps at a reasonable level and is relatively quiet. Plus, for mini ITX builds, the blower style cooler remains the best solution.
  4. S

    Where is the Intel M.2 pcie SSD?

    I've heard good things about the Predator. However, it seems its more expensive than the Samsung SM951 AHCI version, which is supposedly the best all round M.2 drive on the market. I went ahead and ordered a 256GB SM951 AHCI for my i7 NUC, I hope it doesn't get too hot in the small enclosure.
  5. S

    Where is the Intel M.2 pcie SSD?

    It seems that all of Intel's current M.2 offerings are SATA only. Searching around online yielded no results regarding upcoming models. I would think that Intel, following the release of the behemoth that is the 750, would have announced plans for an M.2 Pcie drive, seeing as these are...
  6. S

    [H]ard Sff Club

    I have always used huge cases for my builds. For the past 10 years or so, I'd been using a CM Stacker 810 (the original) for my main rig. Last year, I got hold of a Coolermaster Elite 130 from a friend, and I thought, 'why don't I build an itx system!'. Fast forward a couple of months...
  7. S

    Haswell-E/x99 coming September confirmed

    Because back then the memory controller was part of the northbridge, so it was up to the motherboard manufacturers to add ddr2 &/or ddr3 support. Haswell-E, like all Core CPUs since Nehalem, has an IMC.
  8. S

    Intel Devil's Canyon: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly @ [H]

    I went from an i7 920 (ran at 3,8GHz at stock voltage since 2009, incredible chip!) to a 4771 and despite believing there would be negligible differences in everyday usage scenarios, even on trivial tasks the Haswell feels much, much faster.
  9. S

    Intel Devil's Canyon: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly @ [H]

    6 degrees difference at load doesn't sound that great at first, but considering the stock voltage the 4790k runs at I'd say the new TIM works quite well. However we need more detailed temp testing.
  10. S

    Intel Devil's Canyon Core Processor Presentation @ [H]

    My concern is temps, temps, temps. First reviews are saying the 4970k runs around 10 degrees hotter than the 4770k. I would very much like to throw a 4970k in my Z87 mini-ITX build (now that Asus has confirmed DC support for the Maximus line) but I'm running on air and things are borderline as...
  11. S

    Corsair AX1200/860/760i question

    A question for those of you who have the 1200i/860i/760i PSU. Can you set the fan to be on all the time via Corsair's Link software, i.e. override zero-RPM mode etc.?
  12. S

    Coolermaster Geminii M4 in an Elite 130 case

    I'm just worried because before the 4771 I had a 4570 for a couple of days and it 'only' hit 76-78 degrees with the same stress tests. Must be the HT of the i7 making things more toasty. I'm aware of delidding, however since this is a non K cpu which isn't gonna be overclocked, I think I'll...
  13. S

    Coolermaster Geminii M4 in an Elite 130 case

    So I've been tinkering with my new mini-ITX build with an i7 4771. Love the Elite 130 case, however I get insane temps with the Geminii M4 cooler. To give you an idea, with the case closed I get perfect idle temps of around room temperature (~26-27 degrees). However after 10 or so minutes of...
  14. S

    I7 950 Time for an upgrade?

    Went from a 920 D0 at 3,8ghz to a 4771. The difference is night and day, even when using Windows, Photoshop etc.
  15. S

    What is your Haswell idle temp?

    I recently built a mini-ITX Z87 system with a 4471 i7. Obviously I'm running everything in stock (CPU multi is locked) yet the temps are discouraging. Granted, its a small case (CM Elite 130) and the cooler is slightly better than stock (CM Geminii M4 low profile), but.. still. I get around...
Back
Top