• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by SilenceGold

  1. S

    Expert help needed badly, Throttling Problem

    You have few options. Like the previous poster said, it is dependent on your wirings either at the house or the distance being far from the center office of the phone company. 1. Run a real long phone line from the jack outside close to where the telephone line enters the house. There...
  2. S

    Need advice for how to clean old socket A cpu?

    Thanks for the reply. I also just took some pictures of my heatsink that came off this CPU too. It is in the similar condition. Dipping it in the rubbing alcohol shouldn't hurt right? Here is the picture. The Fan side -
  3. S

    Need advice for how to clean old socket A cpu?

    Here is picture of the CPU... I want it to return to a nice condition for either being reusable for a donated PC or cheaply sold PC. Any advice on what I should do to clean it all up. Rubbing alcohol is on my mind to be used for the whole cleanup. Maybe I will hear a better method.
  4. S

    PSU for a 20 HDD system?

    I've been in a similar situation - a pair of 3ware 9500s-12 which are 12 ports for SATA disks. I only could get 16 disks to fit in my server case. It was one of the Coolermaster cases with three of the 4 disks in 3 of 5 1/2 space. I ended up having two power supplies with the 4 pin...
  5. S

    I give up.

    I have been using Vista Ultimate 64 bits on my system. I am not sure what exactly problems you are having. The only gripe I have is that webcamxp would not work on Vista 64 bits. I wanted to stream my desktop to few friends but however, one of the friend has 32 bits and is able to do so.
  6. S

    armageddon

    No that was jimmy....or was it jim?
  7. S

    Slow Loads (aka Everything), Long Boots XP (Seems Like 5 Min)

    Well, you did not mention what you have tried. That is a waste of my previous reply. Just go into msconfig and disable all the startup items. See if it boots up faster or not.
  8. S

    Slow Loads (aka Everything), Long Boots XP (Seems Like 5 Min)

    Give Ccleaner a try. http://www.ccleaner.com/
  9. S

    S-Video to TV outputs ONLY BLACK & WHITE...wtf?

    Get a PAL TV. You can read more at this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000567.htm
  10. S

    S-Video to TV outputs ONLY BLACK & WHITE...wtf?

    Maybe the S-video output is set to output at PAL instead of NTSC?
  11. S

    OpenVPN Issue

    You would need more IPs for your server to assign to each VPN client.
  12. S

    VPN to Remote Office

    I run with two inexpensive servers (any i386 systems at least 233mhz) with openvpn server running on each. Easy to set up. It is a software based VPN solution. If you want enterprise level, a pair of soho can do it nicely. Pix 501 can be the hub at the large office while you have thousands...
  13. S

    Setting up Win 2003 Router

    I use vmware server for my needs too. The Windows 2003 guests does not even know that they are being ran inside a vmware host. They are ran just like they are separate physical servers.
  14. S

    Setting up Win 2003 Router

    On the outside NIC, set the TCP/IP to automatically get IP/Netmask and DNS from DHCP. Set up the DHCP for only on the inside NIC so it will assign the machines on the internal network with those IP information. Set up the routing to route from internal to external. It should automatically...
Back
Top