Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Yes have a look here.
and scroll down to where it says Download the "Remove Telemetry-Win10 Upgrade Updates Script v2.6"
I also recommend the Simplix pack.
@Mekanic01 A little off topic, but if you care anything about your wordpress site, do yourself a favor and install the free Wordfence plugin. It secures wordpress and guards against malicious php injects, cross site scripting, hack attempts, etc. You can even sit there and watch the live...
They fixed the slow updating with the KB3172605 update.
That and they now have the Rollup Patch which brings you from a fresh win7 sp1 install to about May/2016. From there your just a handfull of updates away from being fully patched.
You might check out Cloudready. It's basically the free version of ChromeOS aka "chromebook".
I've used it on my Dell mini10v with the n270 atom. worked fine.
https://www.neverware.com/
Don't think of "DD" as a regular file copy, its more like your burning an image. you can DD a linux iso onto a dvd and when finished the dvd is complete and bootable. So with that line of thinking, when you DD your zImage, its writing some type of data format onto the HDD, and not necessarily...
Ok after re-reading the directions, I think you are correct. you need to image those files to the NAS disk which you took out of the NAS and connected to your linux pc. when that's done you "Put the disk in the nas, plugin the stick, power it up,"
I'm not sure what software goes on the flash...
Ok so If I'm reading this right you extracted the 2 files "zImage" and "initrd" to a usb drive (root directory), and you have a 2nd USB drive to image them to.
The 2nd USB drive is formatted as "fat" (not fat32), and is at least 1Gb in size.
Now your going to plug both USB drives into a linux PC...
You might try PaleMoon Browser. Based on firefox, but optimized and has the developer stuff removed so It's supposed to be faster. Pair that with uBlock Origin adblocker.
That's pretty cool. I miss my old M170, it was a beautiful machine. I ended up selling it to a friend a few years ago. I'm surprised your gtx7800 is still working after all these years. Mine died literally right out of warranty and I ended up replacing that with a 6800gtx which also didn't last...
BleepingComputer regularly posts about ransomware news and has links to ransomware cracks / uninstallers that have been reverse-engineered.
Virus, Spyware, & Malware Removal Guides
You could design everything in Excel and save it as a "web page", then upload it to your site via ftp (or whatever means blogspot uses). It would be easier to maintain that way (imo), albeit the html code will be ugly but it should work. You could also host from dropbox or google sites for...
Gadgets were discontinued and disabled by a MS update because of security risks a while ago:
http://it.slashdot.org/story/12/07/12/166200/microsoft-kills-windows-gadgets-via-security-update