Recent content by SigmaOrionis

  1. S

    So, are Titan owners happy?

    No one expected the new cards to come out until Fall. I had already had my Titan weeks by the time people started talking about Titan lite and Titan 2 rumours. I feel like they stuck it to their loyal fans. If the 780 would have come out in the Fall I wouldnt be as upset. I would say that...
  2. S

    GTX Titan Owners Thread

    I considered it. Dont get me wrong I love my Titan. The problem is I bought it under the assumption that there wasnt going to be a replacement for the 680 until at least late fall. Well here we are not even 3 months later and they release a card that looks to be only 10% slower and around...
  3. S

    How fast does your stock TITAN run?

    Mine boosts up to 1058 @ 1.162v. It stays there as long as I keep the temp below 79 C.
  4. S

    Titan crashing my machine?

    Did you check in event viewer. It may give you a clue to the reboots. Look for things like WHEA Kernel errors. I had one of these reboot my PC. It means your CPU voltage is too low. Also memory problems will reboot your PC sometimes. You could just do a quick single pass of Memtest...
  5. S

    TITAN vs. 580 2-Way SLI

    I just upgraded from a 580 to a Titan. The Titan at stock is twice as fast. In the Valley benchmark 580=34.2 Titan=68.1. The Titan is only pulling a few more watts than the 580 also. I can put up some more benches later when I get home. But, yeah basically twice as fast.
  6. S

    Titan overclocks like garbage (throttle issue)

    This is essentially no different than how the GTX 690 was handled, but I think it’s something that’s important to note before anyone with dreams of big overclocks throws down $999 on a Titan card. To be clear, GPU Boost 2.0 is a significant improvement in the entire power/thermal...
  7. S

    Titan overclocks like garbage (throttle issue)

    My experience almost exactly mirrors BatJoe. I only have throttling during benchmarks. Good thing I dont play benchmarks.
  8. S

    Titan overclocks like garbage (throttle issue)

    This option was available to everybody. I would still rather have the Titan. Every review site said that a single Titan would not be able to compete with overclocked 680 SLI and would even be slower than the 690 in many instances. So if you're aim is to achieve those other solutions...
  9. S

    Could Nvidia get away with what AMD is currently (possibly) doing?

    This is the same graph with data gathered from our method that omits RUNT frames that only represent pixels under a certain threshold (to be discussed later). Removing the tiny slivers gives us a "perceived frame rate" that differs quite a bit - CrossFire doesn't look faster than a single card...
  10. S

    Could Nvidia get away with what AMD is currently (possibly) doing?

    I think you have two seperate issues here. 1. Microstutter. Can be fixed with a framelimiter. 2. Inflated FPS due to "runt frames" frames that never get displayed but are still counted by Fraps. I'm just glad reviewers are gonna keep both companies honest moving forward. Should lead...
  11. S

    Squealing noise coming from New Titan card

    Glad to hear you like it.
  12. S

    Titan overclocks like garbage (throttle issue)

    How can you say the Titan OCs like garbage? I have my card at stock. It overclocks itself up to about 1030 during games and sometimes drifts down to 1000Mhz. That is a 23% increase over the guaranteed speeds and like I said that is everything at stock. What would you consider a good...
  13. S

    Squealing noise coming from New Titan card

    Mine whines a little but only during benchmarks that have no sound can I hear it. I think it stands out a little more because the Titan is so quiet. I personally would not worry about it unless you can hear it during normal use. Besides you have a three year warranty so it would be better...
  14. S

    ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

    Thanks for the reply Batjoe. One minute after I posted UPS showed up.:p I can confirm GTX Titan works fine on 1504.
  15. S

    ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

    I'm receiving my Titan today. Can anyone tell me what the oldest bios I can have with this new GPU. I saw a couple people say that they couldnt boot with the Titan until they updated their bios. I'm currently using 1504 and dont want to upgrade if not necessary. Thanks.
Back
Top