• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Shorehn

  1. S

    FS/FT: Cleaning out the Closet - Looking for HTPC Accs!

    Bump. Couple of items pending.
  2. S

    FS/FT: Cleaning out the Closet - Looking for HTPC Accs!

    Thanks to Ryzen, I've finally put my old systems to rest! I'm looking to either recoup the cost or get some of the accessories I still need for my Raven Ridge emulation rig. I accept Paypal and check. Local pickup is available within a reasonable distance of the Beachwood, OH area. All items...
  3. S

    FS/FT: Unlocked 6950, Assassin's Creed Syndicate/Rainbox Six Siege game codes

    About Me Heatware: cr0ssfire Payment accepted: PayPal, BTC Shipping is always free! The Items 1x Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition, Unlocked: $70 Product Info Picture After snoozing for most of the Black Friday sales, I decided toward the end that it was time to upgrade my video card, so...
  4. S

    Mozilla’s New WebExtension API Will Kill Thousands Of Firefox Add-Ons

    I'm just going to leave this link here: Pale Moon. It's like the old Firefox: a browser that isn't obsessed with becoming Chrome. I switched over to it a few weeks ago, and it works well for my needs.
  5. S

    Sennheiser HD 598 Over-Ear Headphones $99 Amazon

    Dead again. Wow. Good thing I grabbed a pair without thinking.
  6. S

    Lord Of The Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition (blu-ray) $30

    Yep, this is an easy pickup.
  7. S

    One Plus One Phone

    This! Since getting my OPO, I've been able to do everything I couldn't do with my Nexus 4. I've got it loaded up with games, music, and even a bunch of Linux ISOs to use with DriveDroid, and I haven't even come close to maxing it out. Over the weekend, I picked up a Bluetooth gamepad to use...
  8. S

    The Inevitable Arrival Of Subscription-Based Windows

    Shame on those independent developers for trying to provide alternatives to a single distribution's vision. Shame on them for making their improvements available under open licenses that allow upstream projects to use them. Shame on them for giving users more choice. Shame on them. If you...
  9. S

    The Inevitable Arrival Of Subscription-Based Windows

    Just because everyday users aren't aware of what open source software is doesn't make it any less important. People interact with it every day, whether it's visiting a Web site that uses Apache, using an Android device, or connecting to a service like Netflix whose infrastructure is powered by...
  10. S

    The Inevitable Arrival Of Subscription-Based Windows

    You seem to conveniently ignore the fact that Windows is proprietary software. If Microsoft decided to go subscription-only and jack prices up to the moon, either you'd cough up the money or your computer would stop working. You wouldn't have a choice. There are no other providers of Windows...
  11. S

    The Inevitable Arrival Of Subscription-Based Windows

    And I'm another one. Just saying: Linux fits that description pretty well, except that you don't need to pay for the updates in most cases. I keep my Windows 7 partition around for certain specific use cases, but my daily driver is OpenSUSE. No, Linux doesn't have exactly the same...
  12. S

    The Inevitable Arrival Of Subscription-Based Windows

    It amazes me how easily people can be persuaded to give up basic amenities. Proprietary software benefits the creator at the expense of everyone else. A variety of arguments have convinced people that access to source code simply isn't necessary, even in this era of NSA surveillance and...
  13. S

    T-Mobile CEO: Overage Fees Are Greedy, Predatory

    Sure. Pick up a Nexus 5 and be done with it. It's relatively cheap, relatively powerful, and comes with timely updates.
  14. S

    Microsoft Bringing Back Start Menu And Windowed Apps

    According to Microsoft's site, Windows 7 will receive mainstream support until January 2015 and then extended support until January 2020.
  15. S

    iPhone 6 Reportedly Launching 'As Early As September'

    On the contrary: we've always been at war with Eastasia! Apple can do no wrong.
Back
Top