• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by shipwreck-zombies

  1. S

    Monitor Color Calibration Hardware and Software

    I use an older version of the X-Rite i1Display Pro. It's not top of the line but it certainly does the trick. I have a triple monitor setup; two identical monitors and one slightly different. Before calibration when a window was halfway between two monitors you could tell the colors were off...
  2. S

    Upgrading - advise greatly appreciated

    rastaban - thank you! I think Im going to try to get some more life out of this setup. Would something like this be a reasonable upgrade for now? Noctua NH-D14, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro or Crucial M500 480GB, ASUS PB278Q I figure these things might help keep my system relevant for a bit...
  3. S

    Upgrading - advise greatly appreciated

    I apologize that was misleading. I have no intention of gaming on three monitors - just working. That is how I have it currently, I turn off two monitors to game. I actually don't enjoy the three monitor gaming experience! What I am trying to figure out right now is if I want to switch over to...
  4. S

    Upgrading - advise greatly appreciated

    To answer questions: I am currently running 24gb Corsair Dominator. I've taken a bit of a break from gaming but I'm pretty excited to get into Elder Scrolls Online, Titanfall, EQ Landmark... I work in digital arts; primarily the not-very-power-hungry world of web development, but I spend a lot...
  5. S

    Upgrading - advise greatly appreciated

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Heavy use of Adobe CS with video and after effects, some static 3D, gaming 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? Don't really have a budget but I would like to stick to a reasonable...
  6. S

    Windows 8 over 7 on older laptop?

    Thanks for the responses. I installed Windows 8.1 and noticed a significantly smoother experience overall :)
  7. S

    Windows 8 over 7 on older laptop?

    I have an older laptop currently running windows 7: Mobile Core 2 Duo P9500 @ 2.53 - Penryn 45nm 4GB DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20) CLEVO CO. M570TU (U22) 1024MB GeForce 9800M GTX 300GB SATA Would I benefit at all from a fresh install of 8.1? I have noticed some performance / stability...
  8. S

    Multimedia Build ~ $1800

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Multimedia: Design and illustration, motion graphics, video and photo work, 3D animation 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? Around $1800 3) Where do you live? British Columbia, Canada 4)...
  9. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build - Revisit

    I need a new keyboard for sure, but I have an extra MX518 which I find to be an excellent mouse. The Logitech G15 looks appealing, and I know it has mixed reviews but the RAT9 kind of piques my interest I do lots of work in Photoshop and Illustrator and I've been getting more into motion and...
  10. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build - Revisit

    I can't believe I kooked out so hard on that CPU I linked - I saw the i7 and jumped to conclusions I guess... Thanks for being tolerant in the face of total delusion! That Motherboard / CPU combo looks great, I'll definitely go with that. The Samsung drive is out of stock, but I'll keep my...
  11. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build - Revisit

    Thanks for your continued support - I'll go with that PSU and the 950 The Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield is a reasonable choice for CPU? "HDD wise" ... ? Were you going somewhere with that?
  12. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build - Revisit

    I was dead set on building a new machine exactly a month ago. Not so unfortunately, an opportunity for adventure arose and I ended up on the road for three weeks. I apologize for a double post, but I was hoping I could get another once over before ordering 1) What will you be doing with this...
  13. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build ~ $1000

    I'm sorry I wasn't clear; The Geil sets come in three sticks of 2GB, to take advantage of triple channel. Which is more efficient than the two sticks of 4GB I had previously thought to get, which would be for dual-channel? Thanks for your patience
  14. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build ~ $1000

    With the GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R, are you suggesting the three sticks of Geil because of the Motherboards triple channel specification? Using sets of three is more efficient than sets of two?
  15. S

    Multimedia / Gaming Build ~ $1000

    Thanks for encouraging me to run 12GB, also that Motherboard / CPU combo looks great My budget is pretty flexible, and after checking out the 800D video on hardwarecanucks I got excited about working in a spacious case, and the possibility of water-cooling in the future was also a stoke...
Back
Top