Recent content by Shakey_Jake33

  1. S

    3.1 setup possible?

    I currently use Z-5500's, obviously as 5.1's. Howevver, when I go to university, I will probably have to loose the rear speakers due to the room layout, which I'm not too worried about. This'll leave me with essentially a 3.1 setup. How would I set up my PC for 3.1 then? I don't think such...
  2. S

    Optical / Digital audio out of X-Fi Extreme Music

    The XtremeMusic is coaxial, the XtremeGamer I believe is optical, it's the only signficant difference between the cards in my opinion! I have an XtremeMusic connected via coaxial, it's perfect as long as you don't care about EAX. It's true that you only get 5.1 if the source is DD or DTS...
  3. S

    Help my audio sound the best it can!

    I'm using an X-Fi XtremeMusic in Vista 64-bit. Have been using 5.1 analogue until now, been messing with Coaxial, sounds stunning, no going back! I just want to ensure my sound is now running at the best it can... 1) I'm running in Audio Creation mode, with Bit-Matched Playback enabled and...
  4. S

    Final Auzen X-FI Prelude Production Pics!

    It's going to have it, just not on launch.
  5. S

    NO sound in REAR spkrs ONLY when playing MUSIC with Vista and X-FI Fatility card.

    That's a bit bizzare, since the CMSS is the upmising feature of the card, upmixes 2.0 sources to surround.
  6. S

    NO sound in REAR spkrs ONLY when playing MUSIC with Vista and X-FI Fatility card.

    Go to Start->All Programs->Creative-> Creative Audio Console. In the X-fi CMSS-3D tab, enable it, go into 'X-Fi CMSS-3D Surround' and choose from StereoXpand, or StereoSurround (which is my personal preference). Make sure the Stereo Envelope slider is 50%, or adjust to suit your speaker...
  7. S

    Auzentech X-Fi or a Creative X-Fi?

    The drivers have greately improved in recent months imo, I use my X-Fi in Vista 64-bit, and any complaints I used to have are no longer applicable. I think some people still have problems if you have 4GB RAM, but that might also apply to the Prelude if they use the same driver.
  8. S

    Auzentech X-Fi or a Creative X-Fi?

    If your an audiophile, you'll likely want to wait for the Prelude. It's an X-fi with higher quality output section and whatnot, as well as the future promise of DDL/DTS Connect. For the average PC user who just wants great sound and performance, an X-fi XtremeGamer remains an excellent card...
  9. S

    Can i put the Z-5500 Reciever on top of sub?

    I've had my reciever on top of my sub for over 18 months now with no problems. My PC and monitors are also very near the sub, and no damage has been caused.
  10. S

    AuzenTech Prelude - Street Date?

    There will always be some sort of performance loss using software encoding... it uses CPU cycles, not voodoo magic. The key will be exactly how much resources the encoding takes, while ultimately means we'll just have to wait and see, and have faith in Auzentech.
  11. S

    X-Fi and Z5500D speakers in Vista question

    'Speakers' refers to the analogue output. I think 'Digital IO' is actually the external and/or front panel hub.
  12. S

    Will the Auzen X-Fi Prelude have the same 4Gb problem as the X-Fi?

    Well this says at the bottom they will be using the 'Creative X-fi driver', which admittedly doesn't tell too much but... http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php
  13. S

    Auzen X-fi Prelude Pic!

    "The SPDIF Output port has 25mbps bandwidth and supports DTS- HD/DolbyTrue HD. It is possible to shift between Optical and Coaxial in this port." So lemme get this straight... it has a higher-than-nomal bandwidth SPDIF that can pass through TrueHD/DTS-HD over optical/coaxial?!
  14. S

    Auzen X-fi Prelude Pic!

    Seems there's a Prelude page on the Auzentech site now. http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php Creative drivers confirmed, DTS Connect coming soon confirmed.
  15. S

    Auzen X-fi Prelude Pic!

    This has actually spurred me to preorder one. The reason I have stuck with my X-Fi for so long is because I really love the CMSS stuff, and prefer it over any Pro Logic solution I've heard, so I'm really pleased the Prelude has this.
Back
Top