Recent content by shady3210

  1. S

    Upgrading on a budget

    Thank you for the recommendation. At this price range is AMD the general better choice?
  2. S

    Upgrading on a budget

    Probably the CPU feels like the bigger bottleneck.
  3. S

    Upgrading on a budget

    Thanks for the advice. The PSU is a Corsair cx600 that is about a year old I think my last psu died at the beginning of this year. The $200 budget is due to this being a xmas gift from the in laws. I would ask for a gift card but they want to actually give me something. My 555 is sadly locked to...
  4. S

    Upgrading on a budget

    Its not a hard $200 budget but 200ish. And yes it's for gaming. It isn't any specific game but having to run medium on most of the newer titles. I am more of a MMO gamer but not currently playing anything specific until Wildstar or Elder Scrolls. I know its better to upgrade both at the same...
  5. S

    Upgrading on a budget

    So my rig is starting to show its age and I am thinking about upgrading it. My budget is $200 and I am deciding between a new cpu/mobo or vid card. Here are my current specs: CPU: AMD Phenon II x2 555 @ 3.2 MOBO: ECS A885GM-A2 (V1.1) AM3 Vid Card: Radeon 5870 1GB Ram: 8GB DDR3 HDs: 1...
  6. S

    Good time to upgrade or wait?

    Also since I run at a lower resolution would the 768mb version preform about the same as the 1gb?
  7. S

    Good time to upgrade or wait?

    Thanks fot the help guys. Is the 460 prefered over the 6850? I have had great cards from both companies so i have no brand loyalty.
  8. S

    Good time to upgrade or wait?

    Thanks for the heads up on ces. My PSU is a 600w OCZ stealth and the rest of my system is an athlon II x2 3.0ghz and 4gb of ram.
  9. S

    Good time to upgrade or wait?

    Well my 8800 gt is starting to show its signs of age. It has been a good card but I am looking to upgrade it to a mid range card. I mainly play wow currently at 1600x900 and it does fine but with swtor on the horizon I feel the need to upgrade. My main question is wether there is any major...
  10. S

    Converting an old pc to HTPC

    Thanks for the help guys I might throw linux on it and try mythtv it looks pretty nice. Any recommendations on turner cards? I knew 100gb might get filled up fast but I can always go bigger later if needed.
  11. S

    Converting an old pc to HTPC

    I have an older pc that I have been thinking about converting into a DVR for the living room. I refuse to pay a subscription for a dvr so this seemed like a good solution. I am looking for advice on what else I need and if its worth the trouble. I'm only looking for SD video recording and...
  12. S

    Looking for a decent $50 headset(usb prefered)

    I tried bending the headset and it is still uncomfortable. Like i said i piked it up at walmart and kept the box and reeipt so i will just return it. I have heard the over the ear headsets are more comfy and was actually looking at the fatal1ty headset. How does the build quality feel on it...
  13. S

    Looking for a decent $50 headset(usb prefered)

    Ok well I am finnaly tired of breaking the cheap $15 walmart headsets so I am in the market for something a little better. I am not an audiophile and am really only looking for a headset for Ventrillo and some gameing when I cant use my speakers. My biggest concern is comfort. I picked up a nice...
  14. S

    What to upgrade....

    Thank you for all your help hossdaddy. I like the setup you posted the only thing I might change is the vid card to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261002 I don't know much of the brand but it has a great price after MIR.
  15. S

    What to upgrade....

    Well after cleaning out the closet of some old computer parts I have moved my budget up to about 350 so it looks like I can get a new cpu/mobo/ram/vid card. My question is is the intel set up preferred over the amd at the budget level? I am a long time AMD supporter but am willing to go blue if...
Back
Top