Recent content by Scrivener

  1. S

    New Prelude Drivers

    Installed. Looks like they linked the Windows audio slider to the Auzen Console knob, but the volume is low that I can barely hear a thing, even when the volume is maxed out. Anyone else having this problem?
  2. S

    Rugged Storage for Under $200

    I've always been worried that the drive would take a spill while I worked on my laptop on the train, as it happens it was something much less severe (IMO) that actually did it in. I'm still worried about the regular train usage, which means the drive would be subjected to regular bumps, jolts...
  3. S

    Rugged Storage for Under $200

    Last Friday a strap on my work bag snagged, broke, and it fell about 1 foot onto the ground. I keep a laptop, Wacom tablet, and External HDD in there. The Laptop and the Wacom are completely unscathed, but when I plugged in the HDD an hour later it started smoking like an overdry cigar. Since I...
  4. S

    HIS Hightech Video Cards (AGP X1950PRO)

    I struggled with it for a little while, but in the end I decided I didn't want all that extra heat in my case - so I went with the IceQ version. Now I just need to figure out how to back up all that data so I can do a clean install of XP when the parts arrive. I have two 500GB SATAII drives on...
  5. S

    HIS Hightech Video Cards (AGP X1950PRO)

    After seeing how limited Guild 2 was by my CPU, I took your advice. I ordered both that Athlon 64 X2 and the motherboard. I ordered the PCIe version of the HIS video card. In all, it cost $94 more, but I think it will be well worth it. Thanks.
  6. S

    HIS Hightech Video Cards (AGP X1950PRO)

    I picked up a Diamond X1950Pro from Frys just to run some tests (I'm returning it once the cheaper/faster HIS card arrives from Newegg). Of course the point was to test my performance increases... so I ran some tests. These were calculated running all games at 1680x1050 with all options on...
  7. S

    HIS Hightech Video Cards (AGP X1950PRO)

    I was looking into upgrading my computer, but it turns out there's still some pretty kick-ass AGP cards on the market. Since I'm saving my pennies for a new motorcycle, I figured I'd just upgrade my video card (Tom's Hardware's charts look very promising). So anyway, I'm currently using: BFG...
  8. S

    Abit AN8 Fatal1ty RAID Woes

    Here's the solution - there are 4 options when you choose your RAID drivers. Two are for WinXP, two are for Win2003. The way it is phrased (and the complete lack of any documentation) lead you to believe they are for different uses entirely. You must load BOTH for the appropriate OS (Not just...
  9. S

    Abit AN8 Fatal1ty RAID Woes

    I have not connected any IDE drives (other than my DVD drive). The drivers available on the Abit website are the same version that came with the mobo (V.1.02). I'm downloading them anyway in case there is something wrong with the disc. I'll post an update momentarily.
  10. S

    Abit AN8 Fatal1ty RAID Woes

    It's a pre-SP1 version of WIndowsXP.
  11. S

    Abit AN8 Fatal1ty RAID Woes

    I've got the AN8 Fatal1ty and have, to not much success, been trying to set up a bootable SATA RAID 0 with two WD Raptor 70GB HDDs. I enable to proper SATA channels in BIOS, I run the RAID Setup for striping and I have used the WD Lifeguard Tools to format both drives. Everything looks peachy...
Back
Top