Recent content by script.tease

  1. S

    New rig with vista beta 2 coming today

    Yeah man don't get me wrong, a new rig is 110% excitement for a good while! Vista is improving to be honest, I've had a few of the earlier builds and the latest beta 2. The latest installment is a LOT better than previous builds. Edit: For the time being, XP Pro SP2 (With Vista skin) > Vista
  2. S

    New rig with vista beta 2 coming today

    New rig coming: pro. Cool features of Vista: none. Hardware related issues to expect: none. Drivers: compatible.
  3. S

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    Is that the case in America? If you said that in England you'd get a black eye. It bothers me when people whine about smokers.
  4. S

    CRT: Cause of bad eyes?

    Hehe I've sparked a healthy debate. Anyway yeah lmao - my eyes are running at 100hz and the world is only running at 72hz ;) hahahaha. When I go to the resource centre all their boxes have Dell TFTs and when I work on them for an up to an hour my eyes go crazy; I see kaleidoscope light...
  5. S

    CRT: Cause of bad eyes?

    Hey, I sit infront of two CRTs running at 100hz each all day, every day. Is this why when I'm not on my PC my eyes flicker like I'm watching a CRT at 60hz?
  6. S

    How do fonts, text, icons look with Windows Vista on a 23" or larger lcd?

    I've ran all the vista releases to date at 3200x1200 and they've looked fine and clear to me!
  7. S

    Windows XP NETWORK INSTALL

    Right, thanks for the help - I'm sure this would be enough to get me started... but the aforementioned embedded system does not have a floppy drive... I think I'll just do the install by installing the hard drive in my main system, formatting it and installing XP - then just put it in the...
  8. S

    Windows XP NETWORK INSTALL

    I was wondering if it was possible to do a network install of XP onto an embedded system that doesn't have a CD drive, but a formatted HDD and an ethernet port. Am I right in thinking I can access my main box's CD drive by sharing it and accessing it via the embedded system through dos and...
  9. S

    Monome - a Must See

    Here is a picture of it: http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3060000000059241.JPG?0.7273530521861226 Here is a video of what it does: http://monome.org/media/monome40h.mov They're $500 I think; which means I can't afford one, otherwise I'd already have one.
  10. S

    RAM and the Dual Core

    Thanks for your input; my posts often don't make a lot of sense because it's always 'been a long day' :) Kind Regards
  11. S

    RAM and the Dual Core

    Oh sorry, one more side question: I like to make 3D renders; will I see a big difference in rendering speed from my athlon 2400xp @ 2ghz 133FSB/x15 with 1 gig of RAM at 333mhz/2.5CL when I upgrade to a dual core? Thanks, Mike.
  12. S

    RAM and the Dual Core

    Hiya, I'm on the verge of purchasing a 64bit x2 CPU, a 939 mobo and RAM etc. I was just wondering if the speed of the RAM had to be in sync with the processor as with my athlon I'm running today. Kind Regards, Mike.
  13. S

    what app. can display FPS in every game?

    Beat me to it :D. Yup, Fraps is the one.
  14. S

    CryTek 2 Engine Video (AMAZING)

    It looks great, Games where you become totally immersed in the realism presented are my favourite :).
Back
Top