Recent content by scrawl

  1. S

    IE 9 Beta: 2M Downloads in 2 Days

    If you want to try IE9 beta without installing, head over to http://spoon.net/Browsers/ Spoon is a browser plugin which let's you run virtualised desktop apps without installation. Quite useful when you need to test different browser versions.
  2. S

    Oblivion now rated m (breaking news)

    You can take the clothes off a Barbie doll, but I don't see them suddenly being restricted to ages 15+. Imagine if Barbie made it to a computer game - it'd have to be sold under the counter in plastic wrap, only available in questionable establishments of good taste.
  3. S

    6800GS NV42 on AGP

    Today I picked up an Xpertvision 6800GS with 512MB RAM in AGP format. I thought it would be a standard 6800GS with a NV40 GPU so imagine my surprise when I discovered it looking like this: http://tech.sina.com.cn/h/2006-03-28/0045879428.shtml So it looks like the NV42 has made its way to...
  4. S

    CPU area on back of motherboard need airflow?

    There are some components on the back of the Abit Ai7 (resistors?) around the socket area that I have covered up with a foam-padded aluminium backing plate in order to provide extra support for a rather hefty heatsink. Just wondering if this is a heat-sensitive area? In particular - would...
  5. S

    Kerio returns!

    Excellent news - Kerio has served me very well and I too was worried about its future. As for Sygate being better... the fact that it allows all outgoing connections by default has always bothered me. I prefer a firewall that asks you for permission when a program attempts to connect to the...
  6. S

    Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

    Budget Watercooling: This PC was built in 2001 and surprisingly still works. System Specs: Originally - AMD Athlon Slot A 500@850mhz, 1.85v Later - AMD Tbird Alot A 700@975mhz, 2.05v Asus motherboard (Irongate chipset) Waterblock: Old 486 heatsink, sprinkler elbow joints, clear...
Back
Top