Yeah, the Asus sites are always a bit of a struggle. Here's the link to the manual however:
http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5VD2-X/e2919_p5vd2-x.pdf
The bit about the memory compatibility is at the bottom of page 28.
Thanks for your help, I hope you can help me clear this...
According to the manual for my Asus P5VD2-X board it doesnt support memory modules made up of 128mb chips or double sided X16 modules.
Most 1024mb sticks that I've come across are either of these, and I even checked the spec of a 'kingston' stick from the Asus qualified vendors list and this...
I have ordered a SATA II 3 Gb/s HDD and I obviously want it to run full speed on my board, which is an Asus P5DV2-X.
There are two 'normal' SATA ports that support 1.5 Gb/s and one Jmicron JMB363 which is the one that is supposed to support 3Gb/s, however it is marked SATA_RAID1 as you can have...