• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by rrubino

  1. R

    Asus P5LD2 Mobo Ram Help

    I'm using Corsair DDR2-675 part # TWIN2x1024a-5400UL. Runs at 3-3-2-8 timings in my P5WD2 (very similar to the P5LD2, just with the 955x chipset, both support DDR2-667). I've got 4 512mb sticks and runs just fine. If I recall, this memory was the "launch partner" for the new line of ASUS mbs.
  2. R

    Pentium D 3.0Ghz only runs at 2.8Ghz!

    Unfortunately, there is no newer version of the bios.
  3. R

    Pentium D 3.0Ghz only runs at 2.8Ghz!

    Thanks pcx, I think you're absolutely right. I think this is the C1E halt state bringing the cpu to 14x when the halt instruction is issued to the cpu (the idle process I would assume). I'll try shutting it off tonight just to make sure. In case anyone is wondering, I tried OCing last night...
  4. R

    Pentium D 3.0Ghz only runs at 2.8Ghz!

    Just built a new Pentium D 830 rig with the following specs: Asus P5WD2 1Gb Corsair DDR2-667 5400UL Antec Neopower PS I ran some tests with Sandria and noticed it was running a little slower than it should so I ran CPU-Z and found that it runs most of the time with a 14x multiplier...
  5. R

    Help me choose my memory

    This is my first post, and I need the collective wisdom of the forum! I've selected all the parts for my new rig (briefly it's an Asus p5wd2 955x motherboard with an 830 dual core). Problem is, I have no clue what memory to get. I was looking at the Geil 2GB DDR2-667 dual channel kit which...
Back
Top