Recent content by rpgaction

  1. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    Woah! We might be on to something here. I just took some benchmarks with Fraps on Dark Messiah with the card OC'd and at stock at the highest game settings w/ 1280x960/2xaa/16xhqaf. OC'd got 23FPS...stock got 30. :o That can't be good. Do you think it's just the heat or is there some...
  2. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    I've already tested that. 1GB in 1T gives me about 1.5FPS more on average than 2GB in 2T. It seems only to prove a huge factor at settings that don't really push the other hardware.
  3. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    I'll see if I get any better FPS on average when I leave my card at stock clocks when I get home from school today. Yeah.
  4. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    As of right now, there are 27 processes running.
  5. R

    Whats a good chair?

    This chair started out as an expensive high-back office chair. Until I learned the hard way that the frame supporting the back was made of light wood. Now it's an expensive no-back office chair. :( No money to get a new one.
  6. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    Freshly formatted. :( I salvaged drives (and the sound card) from my old PCs.
  7. R

    Getting Lousy Performance...

    In many of the games I own that are benchmarked here, my framerate doesn't near those results at their respective settings. My PC contains the same processor and a gig more RAM listed for that benchmark (except that my card is the 256MB version and is also OC'd to 700/850). Could the extra...
  8. R

    Your favorite energy drink for gaming?

    I drink almost two digits of coke a day.
  9. R

    Reflecting on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and it's 24 player limit

    64 players at one objective point would be far too catastrophic. You very rarely see ten people even in 64-player BF2 because the capture points are so spread out and nonrequiring of any collaboration.
  10. R

    Anti-Aliasing not working in BF2

    Ah, works, thanks!
  11. R

    Reflecting on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and it's 24 player limit

    The point of ETQW's system is that you'll be seeing enemies even more often than in 64 player BF2. There is only one possible objective at a time, not ten that don't require any coordination whatsoever. They have reworked the engine, obviously.
  12. R

    Anti-Aliasing not working in BF2

    For some odd reason, my forcing my drivers to 4xAA doesn't actually make AA work ingame, and when I set the AA to 4x in the game's video settings, it resets itself to 0x. My system specs: A64 3500+ 2GB DDR400 Radeon 1800XT 256MB
Back
Top