• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by rocks911

  1. R

    Home network bogging down

    Knowing nothing about cabling or networks I called Monoprice and asked for the fastest Ethernet cable they had. They recommended the STP cable. It probably didnt hurt their decision that it was the most expensive. I emailed tech support and explained: "When I was planning my LAN I contacted...
  2. R

    Home network bogging down

    I thought I could trust Monoprice, apparently I was wrong.
  3. R

    Home network bogging down

    So I guess I've got an attic and walls full of calbe that can act as an antenna. Having pretty much zero technical knowledge I called Monoprice and asked tech assistance what would they recommend for a modest home LAN. They recommended the Cat6A STP, which as it turns out is the most expensive...
  4. R

    Home network bogging down

    Well, thanks for that.
  5. R

    Home network bogging down

    Got it. Google is your friend. As it was factory terminated, shouldnt be a problem....hopefully. I've gotta wonder if my older Actiontec router isnt the slowest part of the configuration. There are 2 versions of my router: http://www.actiontec.com/products/product.php?pid=​189 not...
  6. R

    Home network bogging down

    Oh man, already over my head. I buy cable from Monoprice always, I described what I wanted and they suggested CAT6a STP. My only requirement as described to the Monoprice tech was "I want the fastest CAT wiring" and CAT6a STPthis is what was suggested. I didnt want to have to termiante the ends...
  7. R

    Home network bogging down

    I have been developing (cobling together as I get extra money) a home LAN for the last couple of years but as it grows I am left wondering about performance issues. I have Verizon FIOS to my home, providing both internet (50Mbps Download 25 Mbps Upload) through an Actiontec MI424WR router and...
  8. R

    Replacing power supply for HPE-519C computer

    So I'm left wondering if there is maybe another forum where newbs can get questions answered? I posted at Toms hardware also and nobody responded there either. Clearly there are lots of people who view and post here that have a comprehensive knowledge of PC components but for whatever reason...
  9. R

    Replacing power supply for HPE-519C computer

    I own a HPE-519C PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02896278&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5155964 and want to change the power supply to something more robust. I have never done this and not even sure the questions to ask, but here goes...is this pretty straightforward, I...
  10. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    Yowen, I think thats correct. Learning my limitations to be sure. And to tell ya the truth configuring the remote has me wondering if I even need to bother with any of this. I thought it would be a little easier than this. Thanks for everybodys input, this site rocks to be sure, most responsive...
  11. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    In reply to the recent posts regarding my setup as I have conceived it, let me say that I understand the limitations, I know that we're only watching one thing at a time. There are plenty of other options in my home FIOS TV, DVD and Blu Ray players PS3's providing Netflix etc. so this is only...
  12. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    Well I got the remote in. The first part of the puzzle. This thing is impossible to install. There is a tutorial on the web:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwR5zcDl_IY The problem is that I cant get the CD to auto play. When I access the CD manually it is not apparent what file needs selecting...
  13. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    Thanks Tesla, I was thinking that I would use the Toslink to connect my PC to my A/V system to play my music. I have a second zone set up to play music on the patio. I'm just trying to figure everything that I need to save on shipping and handling. Thanks for all the time and input, I really...
  14. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    Oh yeah, to answer your question I have an Actiontec M1424WR router provided by Verizon. It is supposed to be a gigabit router. It has 3 ports available and I fiugured when I ran the server/client I would just run from those 3 ports on the router to my master bedroom and 2 guest bedrooms with...
  15. R

    How to hard wire HTPC

    While I'm at it let me ask about limitations of Toslink audio cable. I want to run it also from my PC to my A/V system, please tell me I dont have to set up amplifiers for that as well!
Back
Top