A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Hi guys, I run a SLI'd Asus 560Ti DirectCUII setup, but my current case has really poor airflow. Now, I'm going to be upgrading to a Fractal Arc MIDI case, which will have much more airflow (and fans) than my current case. Right now, it sounds like a jet is trying to take off whenever I start...
990X? They already did the 2600k in the Summer Deal, I don't know if they'd do the same processor twice in a row.
Or maybe the new LGA2011 stuff. Sandy Bridge E? 3930K?
Garric, he doesn't have PCI-E.... He's using a 9800Pro, which means AGP.
If you can swing it, try for a 6800NonUltra(nu), which you can try to unlock to give yourself a 6800GT. But I think the bottleneck will be the CPU, because of type - it's a Duron.
Which 60mm fans are the best?
So far, the local suppliers have these:
SILENX 16DBA SILENT CASE FAN 60MM 2400RPM 18CFM 3/4PIN $15CAD
SUNON 60MM CHASSIS FAN $7CAD
SUNON VAPO BEARING BRUSHLESS...
Possible to mount a pair of 60mm fans in two drive bays, then? And maybe a 6' CCFL to cover that ugly 20mm gap at the top, because two bays would be 80 x 120.
yogi, you're comparing the wrong cards to each other. If price was not a concern, you'd be comparing the 6800 Ultra with it's proper counterpart on the ATI line: the X850XT PE. Which has about 10% better performance than the 6800 Ultra.
Hey all,
Looking to sell of these parts in order to fund my foray into PCI-Express.
ECS K7S5A Pro (SiS735 Chipset) AGP4X, Athlon XP Socket A/462. $45CAD/$35USD
Specs: http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7s5a_pro.html
Asus A7V8X-X (KT400A Chipset) AGP8X, Athlon XP Socket A/462...