• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by RoastedTiresX

  1. R

    What kind of HT software do you folks use?

    I'm a Linux guy. To add to it, I use Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit... I tried out XBMC, but its lack of decent 64 bit support, and smartass responses when I asked about it, really kind of put a damper on XBMC in general. Then I hear about boxee, which as of several days ago, moved from Alpha to...
  2. R

    1920x1080 - why recommend?

    There's a lot of people on this board who seem overly sensitive on this issue. The second I say I like 16:9 for general use and they all freak out. I prefer 16:9 over 16:10 for a computer, tv, xbox, web surfing, gaming, whatever. Everything, I prefer a 16:9. I was running a standard 22"...
  3. R

    Ready to take a Linux plunge

    I used to work on Macs at my last job. Definitely a low point in my life, despite it being short lived. -10
  4. R

    Ready to take a Linux plunge

    Multimedia codecs in Ubuntu is a copy/paste away. +1 for Ubuntu.
  5. R

    Anybody ever install Ubuntu on an iBook G4?

    I'm having some problems installing Ubuntu on an iBook G4. I got it to boot to the LiveCD but at 15% it locks up when installing. Also, on the LiveCD I tried to connect to my wireless network but it failed to connect. Before when I had Debian on this G4, I couldn't even connect to my network if...
  6. R

    Difference between a CRT and a TN?

    I used to do photo editing. I know all about color accuracy, calibration, blah blah blah, so don't bother trying to stump me on that topic. The truth is, I don't mess with photo stuff anymore as I've grown to new interests with computers. I acknowledge the fact that with photo editing, a TN...
  7. R

    Dell SP2309W Settings

    Well, you got my vote on it! I really dig this monitor and haven't had any major problems with it (backlight bleed, dead pixels, etc). I really like the design, the stand, and how the hinge is pretty solid. I'm not a big fan of the glossy black though, but that's just me.
  8. R

    Need help choosing a gaming LCD :(

    The S2409W is available at Best Buy as well as Staples. I caught a sale on it and picked one up at 279. I'd definitely recommend buying this monitor local, as with any monitor, just so you can return it without having to abide by most companies ridiculous return policies with monitors. I had...
  9. R

    Dell SP2309W Settings

    You can probably catch a sale on it. I walked in Staples before Christmas and it was down to 279 so I snatched it up.
  10. R

    Difference between a CRT and a TN?

    I went from a CRT to a TN panel, and I was quite happy with the switch. Although, my CRT's weren't top notch, but going to TN was certainly an upgrade. People here slam TN panels as if they're the worst thing ever created. They're really not bad, especially when you consider the price. I do...
  11. R

    Best Virtualization software (free)

    Good stuff! I've NEVER tinkered with any virtual OS's... so I'd like to mess around with one or two and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. Thanks!
  12. R

    Is tri-screen possible in Ubuntu?

    I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit with a Nvidia 9600GT 256bit 512mb PCIE 2.0 graphics card. I'm currently using a 19 inch eMachines LCD and 24 inch Dell S2409w LCD in twinview. I have a 22 inch ViewSonic LCD that isn't being used, so I was curious if I could allocate that to my screen lineup.
  13. R

    So I went from 4gb to 8gb

    Depends what you're doing. My mom has 2gb. It works great for her. My friend's uncle has 16gb. He wouldn't dream of having any less than 16gb. BUT, he runs a couple OS's in a virtual environment, which sucks up all of the 16gb he's got to offer. Depends what you're doing. :)
  14. R

    Best Virtualization software (free)

    Can I run VBox in Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit to run Vista Ultimate 64 in a virtual environment? Or is VBox a Windows only utility?
  15. R

    Any Ubuntu Users?

    Archer - I just had to share this. I was browsing on another tech forum just now in the hardware section and they posted that they were having a problem with (what they believed to be) their motherboard. They said they get the splash screen but it doesn't further boot past that. He is using...
Back
Top