• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by RedCharles9001

  1. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    I finally got around to trying HDR. Very impressed. Much better than the older G95SC.
  2. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    Ya, Samsung's matte coatings are supposed to be the least shitty matte coatings, but they're still matte coatings. I also have a G95SC, and it's not matte, but everything they've done in the last few years has been a matte coating. But Asus uses a Samsung panel, and fortunately, they chose a...
  3. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    Interesting. I had no idea that the gamma could change with the hz.
  4. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    Wow that was a really detailed explanation. Thanks. I've only ever messed with the gamma settings on my projector, and that was daytime vs nighttime viewing.
  5. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    I've been running 2.4 gamma. You're saying I should be running 2.2?
  6. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    Interesting. I agree SRGB is significantly better. I think the Samsung stands are the best, most attractive, but some people apparently don't care for the silver border around the screen. This stand is good enough for me. I run both my oled monitors in SDR. Maybe I'm missing out on HDR and...
  7. R

    Libernovo chair

    https://libernovo.com/ Apparently they're making an American sized chair now. They're calling it the Maxis Chair. Which is a huge mistake. Just think about it. Which of these would you rather buy? An Ameri-chair? Or a Maxi Chair?
  8. R

    XG27UQDMS or wait for 360hz

    I picked up an open box XG27UQDMS for $630, normally $800. 29 hrs. Seems fine. Couple of micro scratches that can only be seen under a flashlight. Came with everything. BB warranty for two years. Probably keeping it. It's a cut down Asus Penta Oled. Doesn't have full DP. Or some charging port...
  9. R

    $599 4k oled 27 165hz

    https://www.msi.com/Monitor/MAG-272UP-QD-OLED-E16 Seems like a good deal. It's weird the $500 Dell Oled doesn't have a display port because the ips and VA ones do. Theres a few options around $700 for 27 4k, but none at 599. BB open box is fine with TT, but after my last experience, I'm not...
  10. R

    Is it worth changing an RX 9070 XT for an RTX 5080?

    There's always the founders edition from Bestbuy. But it only comes in stock every now and then. You can try using hotstock, or do what I did and just check bestbuy 50 times a day until you get one...
  11. R

    DLSS 5.0

    I really like the mods where they upscale the original textures using ai. Make old games sharper, like Max Payne, without ruining the look of the game.
  12. R

    Using ChatGPT to make an app

    Ya, it's definitely not there yet.
  13. R

    Using ChatGPT to make an app

    Discipline is the hardest solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp17xxJQXOM
  14. R

    Using ChatGPT to make an app

    I have no knowledge of programing. I've heard ChatGPT can build websites and write programs based on prompts. Problem I want to solve. On my PC I can use the Hosts file to block X and other websites that suck me in and waste my time. Every time the world goes crazy I get back on X to find out...
  15. R

    DLSS 5.0

    Ya, I don't get all the hate. This was the next logical step. I'm impressed that they can do this in real time. The knee jerk negative reaction to new technology baffles me. I like how Oblivion looks with DLSS 5 turned on, but Assassin's Creed does not look better to me, but I can just turn it...
Back
Top