• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Recycling1

  1. R

    Intel & iBuyPower - Gulftown Giveaway Contest

    Just in time for my b-day. lol Great giveaway!
  2. R

    Windows 7 64bit USB problems

    No library scans as far as I know. Thats the strange thing about this is its a fresh install of win7 with almost no tweaking or scanning of files and both of the drives eject fine on an 32 bit xp machine.
  3. R

    Windows 7 64bit USB problems

    Nope, no readyboost enabled. Its like something in windows 7 just takes over the drive after a certain amount of time and wont let you eject. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. R

    Windows 7 64bit USB problems

    I'm having some trouble ejecting any type of USB mass storage device from windows 7. I have enabled quick removal and tried disabling write caching on the external drives but every time i try to "safely remove" the drives i get a message that its currently in use(even though im positive there...
  5. R

    Canned air alternative?

    Not sure if id use a standard air compressor on delicate electronics, Typically when you compress air it causes condensation from the moister in the air and will spray small amounts of water along with the air. Its not a lot of water and I am sure plenty of people use it without issue but is it...
  6. R

    Seeking help from the gurus for a $500 build.

    Ok, here they are! http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2400/img2876b.jpg http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/557/img2884c.jpg http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/651/img2882o.jpg http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8922/img2880p.jpg The 300 sure doesnt play well with cable management unless...
  7. R

    Seeking help from the gurus for a $500 build.

    Well shes up and running(first psu croaked during OS install!):( ! I tweaked the parts slightly based on some good deals I found. Final build turned out with these components. Total cost after rebates and BCB was $450-460 SAMSUNG Spinpoint 500gb LITE-ON DVD Burner iHAS424 Corsair 650w...
  8. R

    Are Corsair Power Supplies just hit or miss?

    Well figured I should do an update since my initial frustration post.:) Got replacement PSU and everything seems to be good. Seems that most of the time things like this either fail in the first 24hrs or not for a long time(i hope). I have to say I am impressed with how quiet this PSU is...
  9. R

    what happened to my Windows?

    Oh yeah, and quit cheating your trackers! ;)
  10. R

    Are Corsair Power Supplies just hit or miss?

    LOL no actually pretty far from it but i did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. And the name is actually from my old job with a huge electronics recycling company.
  11. R

    Are Corsair Power Supplies just hit or miss?

    Yeah, I know guess I was venting. Just such a let down when you get to that point of a build and bam! Well at least i know the rest of my build works. Hmmm now i get to use the paper clip trick twice in one night, once to check the psu and once to get my dvd drive to gimmie back my win7 disk! lol
  12. R

    Are Corsair Power Supplies just hit or miss?

    Nothin like getting your new build completed, all your cables routed and half way through installing your OS the power supply goes dead! I know these things happen but while i was searching for a cause/diagnosis noticed a whole lot of similar stories about these psu's dying really early or...
  13. R

    Seeking help from the gurus for a $500 build.

    Ahhhhhh I gotcha! That will save me some dough and i'm sure i can find a use for the surge protector. Sry i'm so slow it was a long night. lol You guys rock.
  14. R

    Seeking help from the gurus for a $500 build.

    To be honest i was kicking around between the Athlon II X4 620 or Phenom II X2 550 but then i found the 945 for about $30 bucks more and figured it would keep me from having to upgrade the cpu later and the only thing id need would be my video card. I do quite a bit of multitasking on my pc and...
  15. R

    Seeking help from the gurus for a $500 build.

    Ok, well it seems I waited too long and missed deals on a couple of the parts you guys recommended. :( I have since decided to go ahead and wait on the video card for little bit. Hoping someone would be kind enough to look this litst of parts over just to make sure i havent made any glaring...
Back
Top