• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by ran echelonuk

  1. R

    Major OS problem

    Unfortunately there's no VC++ redistributable to be seen in "Uninstall or change a program". I tried uninstalling the last couple of weeks of windows updates and rebooting, but no luck.
  2. R

    Major OS problem

    Well I downloaded that, running it gives this error:
  3. R

    Major OS problem

    I am running Vista 64 Business. Yesterday everything was fine with my PC and I shut it down. This morning, lots of my programs refuse to run (msn messenger, firefox, skype, wow etc) and give this error: Some other programs such as internet explorer, speedfan, windows update and NOD32...
  4. R

    Guys, i think i need an upgrade....

    CPUs I've had: Pentium 120 PIII 600 PIII 1400 (awesome chip) Athlon 64 3500 C2D e6400
  5. R

    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Delayed Until September 5, Now Gone Gold

    The IGN review seems to have far more serious and numerous concerns with the gameplay than with the graphics.
  6. R

    Quick Vista Aero question

    Cheers.
  7. R

    Quick Vista Aero question

    I don't really like the fading/zooming effects when opening/closing/minimizing windows, is there a way to turn these effects off?
  8. R

    Major computer problems

    Well I've just checked and the motherboard is out of warranty, so I'll have to buy a new one. I don't intend to upgrade my cpu/ram for at least a year so with that in mind, is there any reason to go with a more expensive motherboard than this one?
  9. R

    Major computer problems

    I ran memtest for 12 hours without errors but it still reboots during games intensive programs like orthos. I burned a bootable iso of that drive fitness test but the test couldn't find any devices? I don't think the cpu is overheating, according to coretemp it's not going over 43C abd that...
  10. R

    Major computer problems

    An update: I ended up buying this psu. I set it all up and now I can boot into windows just fine, but it's still rebooting. :( So far I've tested Eve Online (reboots after about 30 seconds) and Orthos small ffts (reboots after a few minutes).
  11. R

    Major computer problems

    Well, with my 400w psu, both sticks of ocz, the sound card and the voodoo it seems to work just fine, so I guess it's the psu that's the real problem. I was thinking of this psu to replace it, what do you think?
  12. R

    Major computer problems

    Well that would mean that the power supply has actually been damaged by strain, as it's not working even with a really basic graphics card. I do have a spare 400w psu, I'll have a go with that.
  13. R

    Major computer problems

    I got the mobo in September '06, so almost 2 years old.
  14. R

    Major computer problems

    Whoops sorry, this is a new account and I forgot to update my sig. My rig: e6400, 2*2GB OCZ PC6400, Gigabyte GA-965P DS3, 8800gts 512MB, Samsung Spinpoint 500GB, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, Seasonic S12 430W, Samsung Syncmaster 930BF+Generic Dell 19" CRT, P180.
  15. R

    Major computer problems

    I was siting at my computer playing Eve Online earlier, when all of a sudden my computer rebooted. It ran as normal and got to the "Normal or Safe Mode" screen. I chose normal , and it rebooted while the loading bar was scrolling at the bottom of the screen. Next time, I tried safe mode and it...
Back
Top