• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Raife1

  1. R

    Roku woes

    While not an exhaustive test, I was able to play an hour of Amazon prime in a web browser without issues.
  2. R

    Roku woes

    Hello everyone. Hoping someone here can help. I have several issues with my current Roku's that I am struggling with. Set up is as follows: Path 1 is: AT&T Fiber at 1Gbps AT&T gateway Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-band Wireless Gigabit Router Roku Ultra connected via Cat6 with manually assigned IP...
  3. R

    QNAP Surveillance Station Files

    Thanks. I did try using PowerDirector 15, but it didn't recognize the file. When I used QNAPs export function, I could open the file only if I opened VLC and selected the files from there. If I double clicked the file it wouldn't open.
  4. R

    QNAP Surveillance Station Files

    All, Good morning. I know this is a bit outside the norm for posting here, but I need help with my QNAP Surveillance Station video files. My neighbor's car got broken into last night and my exterior camera caught the crime. However the QNAP forums are down to help me with my problem. I can't...
  5. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    No - I also tried VLC and it stuttered too, but I could see the buffering filling each time. I am beginning to think the onboard NIC might be failing. Replacement NIC on its way... But the fact that video and sound are perfect when streamed to other computers, at least isolates the problem...
  6. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    So my victory was an illusion...the stuttering is back. I am at the end of my trouble shooting skills. I did test the same setup on my second HTPC in my theater in the basement and everything worked fine. I also set up WMC on my desktop PC in the office and everything worked fine. So I...
  7. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    Ok, hesitant to call victory quite yet, but I went in the server Network Adapter settings and changed Speed and Duplex from Auto Negotiation to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex. Things seem to be working now...so we shall see.
  8. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    So I recorded a show and left it on the local hard drive and it played fine; but as soon as I sent it to the server...it stuttered. So I am coming down to either the network or the server as the issue. I have already tried 2 different gigabyte switches. Any ideas how to start determining...
  9. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    Agreed, but I have hardwired CAT5e through out the house...I have tried 2 different gigabyte switches, have a gigabyte router and gigabyte NICs on each computer.
  10. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    so if I pause the show, wait a bit, and then start it back up...I get perfect playback for short period of time (about the same as the pause length)...is there a buffer/queue somewhere that can be changed? Actually starting to wonder if I go to XBMC (Kodi) as the front end and WMCServer as the...
  11. R

    Video and sound stuttering

    Hello everyone. So a while back I posted about wanting to get bitstream over HDMI and my current system didn't support it. So I bought a new graphic card and got video and sound through the HDMI cable...for about 2 days. Now I can't get smooth video or sound from my server, through my...
  12. R

    Bitstream over HDMI for HTPC

    So I tried a new cable and still couldn't get it to work... I think I am onto new MB and CPU with integrated graphics... I am thinking of Intel Core i3-4330 Dual Core Processor 3.5 2 NA (BX80646I34330) As I look at new motherboard, I am thinking of an H97 board with HDMI under $100...
  13. R

    Bitstream over HDMI for HTPC

    ok, I ordered another cable. It specifically says digital audio in the description, so we will see. As an FYI, I went back through the Amazon Basics DVI-HDMI description and it says it won't pass audio and to buy a separate audio cable. Thanks for the help.
  14. R

    Bitstream over HDMI for HTPC

    The cable I have is an Amazon Basics DVI to HDMI cable. In the Nvidia control panel it shows the Onkyo receiver as an audio device under DVI1. It then directs me to the MS Windows Sound Control Panel and HDMI is listed, but when I hit test, no sound, when I go to configure it only lists Stereo...
Back
Top