Recent content by Raelz

  1. R

    Strange USB Mouse problem.

    I am going to try killing the drivers again, as I can't see it being anything other than that. As far as voltage on the rails under load, no, I haven't checked yet but I will. As far as BIOS setting go, I don't think that's it, but thanks! I'll post an update soon D:
  2. R

    Strange USB Mouse problem.

    I am at an almost completely loss right now, trying to troubleshoot a hardware issue with a Logitech USB laser mouse. A few months ago, my mouse started to freeze. By "freeze," I mean it would stop moving, and not respond. It would not reconnect automatically, it would not disconnect, it...
  3. R

    Regarding PCIe

    Right, that's what I figured! Just...been awhile so, making sure I ask all the stupid questions possible. I have an x850 right now, going to upgrade to a 1950GT or possibly the 2k series for futureproofing. Right now I'm averaging very stable FPS in most games, with 2xAA and Mid-High on all...
  4. R

    Regarding PCIe

    Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted to know. Now, just one more thing if you don't mind? While this question may sound stupid, I am wondering if the 16x PCIe card will be significantly faster than my AGP 8x? I know it will be fast, but will the slowdown on the card adversely effect it's...
  5. R

    Regarding PCIe

    Yeah, purchased this board specifically due to financial constraits at the time. It allowed me to use my AGP video card, as well as my DDR Ram without issue, and allowed me to upgrade both when I was able. I am aware of the PCIe 4x standard, but does that mean I cannot use a 16x card? I see...
  6. R

    Regarding PCIe

    I've been really out of the loop recently, but I have a few questions and usually the H community has been the best to go to in times of need. Basically, I have a box here that is running an Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA Motherboard. This board supports both AGP and PCIe. I cannot seem to find out...
  7. R

    Stuttering video performance

    It appears, after ghosting my disk to a new 160gb hd, that my problem has been cleared up. I am still wondering if the board caused the drive to become corrupted or if the ribbon cable is damaged in some way; but at least now I am not stuttering ever, just when too much is going on at once...
  8. R

    Stuttering video performance

    Appreciate the advice, but I already use the CCCp for codecs. Check out the last few posts; I think we've nailed this problem down now! Thanks though!
  9. R

    Stuttering video performance

    So, I ran HD Tune. On my 100gb 7200rpm IDE drive, the benchmark won't even finish and gets a read error. In fact, it's completely wonky and all over the place. It reads like an ekg during a panic attack, thusly: Alternatively, my USB2.0 HD reads like normalcy in action: I'm...
  10. R

    Stuttering video performance

    Hmmm. That's interesting, good info thanks. I've played with HDTune on the drive, there are a few errors on it, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. I am going to do the fitness test tomorrow to see if it gives me any more headway into the drive. The new machine has a 600w PSU in it...
  11. R

    Stuttering video performance

    Thanks. x850 is a better card? Care to elaborate? I've been out of the loop for quite some time now :eek: . Drivercleaner appears to cost money, and I'm not sure I want to spend money on the app just yet. I did install the newest drivers, still stuttering :(
  12. R

    Stuttering video performance

    It has been a long time since I posted anything here at hardforum, but it appears I have reached my wits end with this system. I need to call on the power that is hardforum.com for some additional help. Essentially, I am having trouble with my rig's performance in video and 3d gaming. What...
  13. R

    What is the difference between these two X800XLs?

    That is just plain weird. Maybe they were offering a better price and neglected to remove the old instance. Or maybe it's a db error, or a commenting error. Maybe the 299.99 version has 128mb instead of 256...hrm. They are both the exact same as listed though right now.
  14. R

    gentoo question

    Are you missing a "/" ? ie: cd /usr/portage scripts/bootstrap.sh shouldn't it be: cd /user/portage/scripts/bootstrap.sh This is just a shot in the dark, I doubt it'd be that easy.
  15. R

    how to change boot volume drive letter in XP?

    You cannot change the boot drive letter in Windows XP.
Back
Top