Recent content by Qiko

  1. Q

    Passing Trim commands with hardware raid?

    Im am still learning but what do you mean by HBA? Do you ya mean like a Fibre Channel host bus adapter? Sorry still a noob here.
  2. Q

    Passing Trim commands with hardware raid?

    yes. Sorry, I need to learn the terminology but yes, just individual drives. I was planning on an arc-1880i and a couple intels and crucials as individual drives. "pass-thru" and "JBOD" might be what I am looking for to use trim. I will reread that section again in the manual.
  3. Q

    Passing Trim commands with hardware raid?

    Whoops, sorry guys. I came out confusing. Sorry about that. I was planning to purchase an SSD in non-raid mode. Just a few SSDs attached to a dedicated hardware raid card in PCIe slot. My intel and marvel chip on my R3F motherboard are either limited by speed or Sata2. So I was planning...
  4. Q

    Passing Trim commands with hardware raid?

    whoa, so trim is just for intel chipsets? I gonna research trim alternatives. Problem is my marvel chipset is horrible on my Asus 3 Formula board. My intel limited to sata2
  5. Q

    Passing Trim commands with hardware raid?

    Anyone have experience setting up hardware raid card with trim? I am looking at arc-1880i and a couple SSDs non raid. Anything special to setup trim for hardware raid cards? Or am I out of luck?
Back
Top