Recent content by pzalesky

  1. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    I hooked up the BenQ PD3200U that just arrived today and I was immediately blown away at the difference. Easily worth it! Thanks for all of the recommendations! I think I will either give my U3011 to a friend or try and sell it locally - my 1920x1200 works perfectly as a 2nd monitor.
  2. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    Yeah - I just meant to link to the spreadsheet, but it inserted itself into the post. I sit about 30" away. I do game quite often, but I only play slower paced games (WoW, Witcher 3, will be getting Cyberpunk 2077) so I am fine with a 60Hz monitor. I think I am going to try that BenQ out and see...
  3. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    7700k @ 5ghz 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz 2080 ti @ 2100 / 8000 Not looking to go over 60hz.
  4. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    Okay, so next question - I'm looking at a BenQ PD3200U. I can get a manufactured refurbished one for $450... I'm a bit leery about refurbished monitors, but that price is pretty good to try it out and see if I notice a difference vs my Dell U3011. I am very impressed with the quality of the...
  5. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    That's the thing.. I don't need to upgrade. I am perfectly happy with my 1600p, but I have a PC capable of 4k at 60, so I thought I would try it out, but then I found that spreadsheet and started to have second thoughts. I don't think I'll be in the market for a 4k 144hz monitor in the near...
  6. P

    Currently using a 1600p - upgrade to 4k?

    Hello, I've been toying this upgrade for a while. I'm currently using a Dell U3011 (2560x1600, 30") at about 30" view distance. I've been looking at a XB321HK for a nice IPS 4k panel upgrade, but I was looking at this spreadsheet that says at my current view distance, 4k will be...
  7. P

    Upgrade from U3011?

    I've had my U3011 as my primary gaming monitor since 2012, but I've often wondered if I'm missing out on anything more. I absolutely love it and have had no complaints, but.... Specs: 7700k @ 4.8ghz @ 1.25vcore Evo 212 cooler Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270 Gskill 3200 mhz ddr4 32 gb Samsung Evo...
  8. P

    New build - getting the correct OS

    Thanks for the heads up - just going to buy the retail version straight from Microsoft. Cheers!
  9. P

    New build - getting the correct OS

    Hi there, I've recently upgraded my system and am looking to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I've found it somewhat odd to search on Amazon/Newegg etc for the proper download - would I be fine buying it straight from Microsoft? Apologize for the newb question, but this is the...
  10. P

    Upgrading chipset from 2600k

    Hi there, Every six months or so I get the upgrade itch and begin researching, and the answer is almost always "it's just not worth it." However, recently my pc has been randomly powering down in the middle of gaming + web browsing on 2nd monitor and starting back up after 5 seconds. There are...
Back
Top