Yes, but...... The guy pre-ordered with Credit Card. Therefore, they are obligated to refund the money in exact the same way as they received it.
Bu then again, there was something about pre-ordering via PayPal? :confused:
I found the following article informative:
http://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2009/02/26/intel-core-i7-temperatures/
I would assume the same applies to AMD, since I can't imagine the fundamental manufacturing processes to be different. ;)
the key is to keep your CPU as cool as possible for...
Mind you, I am noob...
I seem to be reading on these forums, that too much thermal grease is not a healthy thing. Could somebody explain to me the whole rationale for that. I am interested in knowing. :D
A few months back, I have installed Corsair Hydro H50, on my own to replace bulky V8...
I found new i5-670 on NewEgg... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115218
It states that it is "compatible w/ H55 motherboard only".
Does that mean that new 32mn "Westmere" is not backwards compatible with P55 chipset?
Did I mention I went from WinXP to Win2008R2 in that move as well. :p
But in reality, I just did not know what to replace that P4 with. I knew I had to do complete overhaul, there was no question about it. It was never a question of replacing one part or another. It was all or nothing.
I don't really recall anything from when I was 10... but...
Intel Pentium 166MHz
Intel Pentium MMX 200MHz
Then, it was some kind of P3.. 733Mhz was it? Lasted well over into 2005.
Followed by P4 3.2Ghz HT (Northwood C) until last month :p
Currently, on i7 960 3.2Ghz HT (D0 Stepping)...
My guess is that they realized that there are no extra motherboard mounting holes on that side of the video card, inside the case. So they switched around to illustrate the point. :D
Those pictures does not look right... When heatsink is being mounted on the video card is it facing one way. However, when they are mounting it on the motherboard it is facing completely the opposite way :eek:
Quick hi-jacking while we are on the subject of dust... :D
Is it possible to buy standalone dust filters? I have CoolerMaster HAF922 case, and it has dust filders up-front only, but not anywhere else (side nor top opening).
http://www.betanews.com/article/Intel-risks-bundling-graphics-processor-with-new-Core-32-nm-CPUs/1262900473
This should be an interesting development to observe and watch. Intel is aiming primarily at value and midrange price markets. I am particularly interested in this "hot-swapping"...
Let's not forget that since Windows 6.0+ (e.g. Vista), the OS can set it's own CPU frequency, under power plan options.
The setting is deeply hidden inside advanced settings, but OS could control the speed of the CPU, even set it not to reach certain %, if you instruct it to do so.