Well, the X800XT was looking pretty appealing to me as well, and some others have suggested it, so I'm leaning in that direction.
My only concern still is with the SLI stuff, as that's the only area where I'm still on the fense. Is it worth spending the extra money on the SLI mobo and going...
Alright, thanks. That first bit is what I thought was the case, but some of the replies here brought me to question that.
As for your latter point, I agree completely, which is why I thought that, dollar for dollar, ATI was undeniably better than nVidia in terms of performance offered. I...
Been looking up prices for PC3200 modules, and it seems that the primary difference between the various prices jumps is the latency rating. How important is the latency in terms of real performance that can be expected from the memory? Is putting in the extra investment to really get the low...
So, assuming I'm going to be using an nForce4 chipset, does it make more sense to buy an nVidia card than an ATI card? I mean, is the performance of the nVidia card going to be enhanced and/or the ATI lessened due to the hardware [in]compatibility, or is that not a factor?
Basically, is it a...
The thing is this: If, dollar for dollar, the 6800 is not as strong as the ATI competition (for my purposes anyway), and furthermore if a second card SLI'd with it is not going to add a substantial amount of video output (again, dollar for dollar), then why buy an NVidia card in the first place...
Hello all.
Since my current motherboard died out on me and was more or less dated anyway, I've decided to go out and build a new PC. Since I plan on doing at least a moderate amount of gaming on the newer stuff, I wanted to get a good card for my machine.
I was thinking of spending...