• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Postal76

  1. P

    Chipset fan replacement

    I only have 1 120mm case fan as of now, so that may not be the best bet. I'll take a look at that Zalman heatsink, though. Thanks guys! BTW, if I haven't changed the chipset voltage at all, it shouldn't be warmer than usual, right? I do have the FSB (or whatever the AMD equivalent is)...
  2. P

    Chipset fan replacement

    The fan on my socket 939 motherboard is LOUD, and when I start up my computer it often makes an irritating rattling sound and an irregular noise that usually dissipates after using my computer for a while. Anyways, what would be a good replacement cooling solution that is QUIET (preferably...
  3. P

    NV5 Silencer Revision 3 Installed on a 7900GT

    What kind of tools would I need to cut the cooler down to size? I'm not really big on using power tools. Could I just saw the end off?
  4. P

    7900GT aftermarket cooling

    Are there any aftermarket VGA coolers designed for the new 7900GT? I've had my eye on the AC NV Silencer Rev. 3 because my case could be a little cooler as well, but apparently the NV Silencer is too long for the 7900 cards. On Newegg someone posted that they cut the NV Silencer to fit a...
  5. P

    A64 Overclocking Help!

    Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I can hit 2.4 GHz from stock 2.2 GHz without a voltage increase, but right now I'm on 2.6 GHz with a voltage increase. That 200 MHz probably isn't making a huge difference...I may back down to 2.4 just to be safe.
  6. P

    A64 Overclocking Help!

    I have an AMD A64 3500+ venice core cpu, Abit socket 939 mobo, and 2GB corsair valueselect RAM. If you can answer a few questions for me regarding A64 overclocking, you'll be my hero: 1.) Is it common to change chipset voltage? All I've changed is the HTT/FSB speed, the cpu voltage, and I...
  7. P

    Quake IV Froze my PC -- Help!

    I had been gaming for a couple hours and this wasn't the first time I had played a game at that overclock. I wouldn't think it's my RAM but it's very possible...how exactly can I test this?
  8. P

    Quake IV Froze my PC -- Help!

    Okay, so I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Socket 939 processor, an Abit KN8 nForce 4 Ultra mobo, and a XFX Geforce 6600gt. I was playing Quake IV the other day, and my computer started beeping. It beeped maybe 3 or 4 times, just once at a time in 10-20 second intervals. After the last...
  9. P

    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Overclock

    I currently have my Athlon 64 3500+ venice core OC'd at ~2.6GHz from the stock speed of 2.2GHz (on STOCK cooling). I think I had to up the core voltage to about 1.52v. I didn't have to change anything with my memory, as I'm pretty sure it's running stable at 237MHz (I have 2GB of Corsair...
Back
Top