Recent content by phonetik

  1. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    Right, thanks everyone for the replies... i got it working im typing as we speak. I had to create a custom XP disc with nlite, and integrate the SATA drivers off the floppy disc. I then made an ISO of it and burned the ISO to a CD. Booted it up, formatted etc, installed, and it;s brilliant...
  2. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    Sorry I know all this is unrelated... I'm hijacking my own post and I'm sure it's against the forum rules... but I will move this to a new thread once I have the time (and if the solutioon actually works). I found out after looking around that the SATA drivers will not usually successfully copy...
  3. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    Right, I built it up, its very pretty and all... but it doesn't work. What I have is a common problem, its to do with Windows not copying the SATA drivers from the floppy properly in setup. I am in the middle of making a custom XP CD with nlite, onto which i will integrate the SATA drivers for...
  4. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    Thanks very much, my stuff has just arrived now, so I will get it built and give you all an update as to whether it works :D . I will also be doing some serious OC'ing so I'll tell you how that goes aswell if you are interested. Thanks again!
  5. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    Nice one, thanks. Now I just have to wait... Should be coming in its various bits tommorow, can't wait!!!! ***EDIT*** Just thought of something... In the unlikely event that the mobo doesnt support this speed of RAM, motherboard use the memory underclocked at 400mhz, or would it just not...
  6. P

    500Mhz RAM Compatibility

    I've just ordered a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, and on impulse I decided to order some Geil Ultra PC4000 DDR RAM to go with it (1GB). I thought this would give me much more headroom for overclocking the shortly arriving 3000+ venice, without having to OC the RAM too much. I then realised that...
  7. P

    first build does everything look good

    Looks alright to me. Good luck with your new system.
  8. P

    Samurai Case too small for arctic freezer?

    This is my first time posting on this excellent forum so hi everyone... I have just ordered a Sunbeam Samurai ATX case and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 HSF to go with an a64 3000+ and a Lanparty NF4 among other bits and bobs. I read in several places that the top of the motherboard is very...
Back
Top