• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by perryinva

  1. P

    How hot should the heat pipes get?

  2. P

    64 Bit Computing - What happened?

    to 64 bit XP Pro? What is the advantage? The usefulness of A64 actually is moot, just like PCI-e is moot over AGP, or AT MB over ATX MB....if you want a blazing machine, you HAVE to go 64 bit processor on a 64 bit ATX MB, with PCI-E, there are no 32 bit , AT AGP counterparts as fast with the...
  3. P

    Some Opteron questions for an AMD noob

    easier to install, guarantee no interference, and only like $10 more, and with a 1000 rpm Nexus 120 Fan, totally silent, like $60 for both and helps cool the power and ram sides of MB (its what I have, but I was going max cooling with as little weight as possible. I don't care for the Ninja...
  4. P

    ***Calling All Budget PCI-e Owners***

    system below, I get NO stutter or lag and with FRAPS, the slowest I've seen with a ton of guys and arty falling around is 60fps, normally cruises at about 95fps. But I also have a killer DSL connection with 5.2 MB down and 800k up, so that helps. But on my ols Sockwet A with a 3200+ 400Mhx XP...
  5. P

    7600GT and X800XL

    yeah, but it's a 560/1400 card, a bit slower, with no OC capability vs 610/1600 easy with an active card and with a Zalman (or really, ANY good aftermarket cooler..I'm not in LOVE with the Zalman's, it's just what I had)...but of course, if you can afford a 7900gt, get it...we're really talking...
  6. P

    7600GT and X800XL

    WOW, never seen that line, thanks for pointing it out. Very cool looking card...But holy PCI express Batman, $230???? And they don't list GPU or memory speed so if you love heatpipes (or hate any fans, which some people do, and for an absolute silent audio machine, I can totally dig it), then...
  7. P

    good 92 mm cpu fan?

    I wouldn't bother for that.
  8. P

    Front panel headphone & mic jacks with Audigy2?

    Is there a clean way to hook up the front panel headphone & mic jack on my case (a P150, but they're all the same) to any of the Audigy2 cards, so that it operates like the onboard sound does, you know, speakers normally, unless headphones are plugged in? Actually, the mic is easy, as I can just...
  9. P

    AGP... Is it dead?

    really cost... I still think video cards are a rip off..but I keep on buying them, so they must be priced to match market demand!!!....... I think that if a MB maker included an amount of memory comensurate with what is "correct" for that board that allowed OCing, they'd sell like crazy. Like 2...
  10. P

    How hot should the heat pipes get?

    So very warm on a stock HSF with a 165 at 2.5Ghz? Excellent. I bought the OEm with a Monarch coupon, hence the SI-120, but everything I've read says the stock HSF on the retail chip is excellent (just not silent). It'd be nice to have a 3 year warranty too, but the 165's seem to be real tough...
  11. P

    AGP... Is it dead?

    amazing that a motherboard that has power regulators, memory slots, raid, sound, usb, 1394, etc, etc, etc is like $90 whereas a video card that just does, well, video is $300? As long as they keep practically giving away MB's and the new cards are faster & cheaper than the old cards, we have no...
  12. P

    7600GT and X800XL

    The ASUS 7600GT is fan cooled and noted for it's noisiness. Plus it's only 560/1400 stock, vs the XFX at 590/1600. The GS is VERY much slower than a GT. Check this out http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=1865681 If that's all you need, go for it. I don't...
  13. P

    7600GT and X800XL

    I think the real overall performance is better than SLI'ed 7600's. The 7900 will have longer legs, and be worth more longer, IMHO, too. I have an XFX 7600GT, and love it. BF2, everything on full, 60 to 90 fps. I've never seen a passive cooled GT tho, only GS. I put the Zalman 700 ALCU on my...
  14. P

    How hot should the heat pipes get?

    A HSF will dissipate X watts for a given airflow. The more watts of heat energy that transfer to the HS, the hotter it will get relative to the air. IE, the better the conduction between the chip and HS, the closer they will be to the same temperature. From your explanation the hotter the chip...
  15. P

    AMD Opty 165 O/Cing Poll

    9NPA+ultra. Dual prime stable overnight (12+hours). Never tried bumping up the volts. However the nforce4 chipset seemed really too hot (I use the Zalman NB47J) so I bumped it down to 2610. Still WAY faster than I need for anything.
Back
Top