• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by PegasusActual

  1. P

    Starcraft 2 shaky screen in SLI

    I have a similar problem, thjopugh Starcraft 2 is a bit better since I updated my drivers. Modern Warfare 2 looks terrible, micro-stutter and the like. Both games 'tear' in a horizontal line down the middle, but it's obviously far more noticeable in an FPS. I know people say you don't need...
  2. P

    Feeling like an idiot. Need help!

    I ended up grabbing a Mionix Naos 5000. I liked the shape. Turns out it tracks great on the steelseries pad. I'm still adjusting, but so far I like it! I'm surprised by the recommendation against laser. I also briefly pondered the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 which has a good reputation, and...
  3. P

    Feeling like an idiot. Need help!

    The Steelseries 4HD talks about how it's 'optimized' for laser sensors. I mean, if that's the case the Gigabyte mouse would track on it perfectly you would think, being a laser mouse and all. It tracks everything else... like I can't find a surface in my home that it doesn't track on except...
  4. P

    Feeling like an idiot. Need help!

    So I had been using a 10 year old microsoft internet keyboard and a 10 dollar logitech oem mouse of the same age up until a few weeks ago. I figured I should probably shell out for something new. I ended up, after lots of research and some in store testing, picking up a Razer Lycosa...
  5. P

    Q310 CPU Heat Sink / Air Cooler Roundup @ [H]

    I may be a sad man... but damn does it bother me that it says Performace / Price on the graph when it is clearly Price / Performance.
  6. P

    nvidia surround?

    I guess I'm in wait and see mode. I almost got dual 5870 because I erroneously thought that I'd be able to use a DVI out on the second card to get around the DisplayPort silliness that Eyefinity has. Am I correct that a GTX 470 SLI setup will allow my 3 DVI setup for Surround without the...
  7. P

    Holy crap, it worked! Dead video card, resurrected!

    I tried cooking an old ATI x1800xt or whatever. I went really half assed, the only change in the end was that the fan doesn't spin up anymore, still get two LEDs solid red indicating failure. Honestly I don't think I was really trying to fix it, otherwise I would've fully taken it apart as...
  8. P

    which card to get? 480 vs 5870

    Isn't the Nvidia side coming out with its own Eyefinity in drivers, or did I make that up? Anyway, in general I prefer Nvidia, but it sounds like the ATI stuff might be a better deal for me. This stuff has gotten very expensive though. I picked up a Core i7 930 w/ 12gb of ram, which is great...
  9. P

    Mainstream gulftown

    I've been looking to replace my over four year old rig. It was just old enough to miss Core2 by a couple of months, so it's a pretty crappy Pentium.. 805D or something that overclocks decently... but then someone decided that clock speed would stop getting faster, and you'd get more out of your...
  10. P

    Intel & iBuyPower - Gulftown Giveaway Contest

    iLikePower Sign me up!
Back
Top