• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by octbit

  1. O

    Abit KN8 Ultra Slow Boot

    Might try booting into safe mode to see if it's any faster = driver issue? Otherwise, might check the event viewer to see if something isn't starting up correctly, or check to make sure all non-necessary services are disabled. Also, some applications do things at boot-up that might slow it...
  2. O

    New MoBO choice?

    I have the Abit with the setup in sig and absolutely love it. Super stable and no setup problems at all.
  3. O

    abit kn8 ultra question

    Check the pics at newegg...
  4. O

    A few simple RAM clocking questions

    Dual channel. I'm running in slots 1 and 2, IE right next to each other rather than spread across two different banks like my old P4 875 board. Thanks for your settings. Looks like your chip is already handling much more than mine at stock voltages, though. I might try bumping my chipset...
  5. O

    A few simple RAM clocking questions

    Good news. I guess I had found some dated information on Memory dividers. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on this 2.5GHz OC. Thanks again for all your help!
  6. O

    A few simple RAM clocking questions

    Interesting - so just to make sure I have this straight, using a divider does not cause the CPU to "wait" on the RAM as some articles/posts I've read suggest? No negative benefit as long as your effective frequency is still at or above stock speeds? In the meantime I managed to run Prime95...
  7. O

    A few simple RAM clocking questions

    I'm new to A64 OCing and have been catching myself up on the requirements and effects of overclocking this architecture. If I'm understanding it correctly, the "best" method of OCing these chips is to step up the HTT/FSB without having to set a RAM divider. However, since I'm running DDR400, I...
  8. O

    Stable NF4 Board Recommendations

    I've been out of the AMD camp since the K6/VIA days due to stability issues of the time, so I'm a little rusty. However, with Intel's current lackluster offerings in mind, I'm in the market for a nForce4 MoBo to pair with a 4400 Toledo X2. This will be for a gaming box, and while I'd like to...
Back
Top