• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by [OC]Pik4chu

  1. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    I guess I am missing something but is there something that makes those hard drives special that would warrant 2-3x market cost for what basically looks like a normal SATA drive with an HP logo? The way it reads I dont think they are like enterprise class or anything or am I missreading?
  2. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    using less ram would require less power but IMO this thing is so slim I dont think the RAM is really where the most power draw is from. *edit* n/m my question, discovered my issue was the network.. redid it as software raid and am getting a solid 400+ mb/s r/w in crystal disk now.
  3. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    You can get something that is similar in windows if its connected to a switch that supports it. You can Bridge the nics together in windows then configure the ports on the switch as LAG ports and the result should be amount the same.
  4. O

    The [H]ard Forum Storage Showoff Thread - Post your 10TB+ systems

    Well this is a pic thread so yea I'd say you should post some ;)
  5. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Atom boards and procs are quite cheap. I dont have prices off the top of my head but any parts place like newegg has them.
  6. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    You should be able to replace it with a psu of similar dimensions. Its not completely proprietary as far as I can see. Something like this I think. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Athena-Power-AP-MFATX30-300W-Mini-ITX-Micro-FLEX-ATX-ATX12V-80-PLUS-/320968993930#vi-content
  7. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    I was able to boot to ESXi5 from a thumdrive on mine without issue (plain version) Try a different thumbdrive perhaps? Or try it in a different machine to see? I dont use ESXi on this box though I just had the drive from another project and tested it.
  8. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    The RAID 5 array has faster drives than what is in the HP Micro (info on that can be found in the 10TB show-off thread). Even in Raid 0 the HP doesnt run as fast as the primary server so its primary purpose was as a backup to that server and a destination for Acronis images from our PC's at...
  9. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    I am well aware of what RAID 0 is, and I use it as a BACKUP, not a primary, as in a second place to store data. There is nothing wrong with a RAID 0 for something like that. If anything fails I replace the drive, re-image the machine and resync the data, would take less than a day at the speed...
  10. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Just got mine up and running finally, slowly been collecting drives for it. Currently its just a RAID 0 of 4x 2TB drives and is running server 2008 R2. Eventually I will add 2 more 1TB drives I have hanging around. It is currently being kept as a daily backup from my main storage using...
  11. O

    The [H]ard Forum Storage Showoff Thread - Post your 10TB+ systems

    @jacobt844, very nice looking, reminds me I need to do some more cable cleanup on mine still haha, swapped out some hardware in it (video and NIC) and its now an utter mess again xD What OS/filesystem are you running on that again?
  12. O

    The [H]ard Forum Storage Showoff Thread - Post your 10TB+ systems

    Not really sure why the fearmongering with a failed backplane. 1) how often does a backplane going out actually kill drives? Never heard of it do that 2) unless you are using an extremely cheap RAID card they can handle losing several drives just fine as long as they dont actually fail...
  13. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Is this the one you were talking about? http://www.startech.com/HDD/Mobile-Racks/4-Drive-25in-Removable-Mobile-Rack-SAS-SATA-Backplane~SATABAY425BK
  14. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    Have you tested this raid card in another system to ensure it is working properly? Not being able to even get into its BIOS may be an issue here.
  15. O

    HP ProLiant MicroServer owners' thread

    You dont need an extra one technically. The VM will share the NIC as needed. @javasdk; have you updated the BIOS on the hp server and the raid card? I would give that a try first. Also check that you dont have something USB plugged in just to check.
Back
Top