• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Nytegard

  1. N

    Using Copyrighted Material for AI Training not Fair Use, Third Circuit Court of Appeals Finds

    You can't currently copyright works that are AI generated. That's why companies like Oracle are still seeking software developers who don't use AI. There's a difference between an internal tool, or a product you don't charge money for (e.g. Google and Facebook make money through ads, not...
  2. N

    How AI will fail

    This is never going to stand. If it was actually held, these AI companies would instantly be put out of business. Literally everything they do would be deemed illegal and any use of LLMs would be deemed illegal. Plus, this would instantly put the USA into a deep recession. The top 8...
  3. N

    Using Copyrighted Material for AI Training not Fair Use, Third Circuit Court of Appeals Finds

    That's why it's never going to stand. Software, by default, is copyrighted. This would pretty much make ANY vibe-coded project, anything by Claude Code, etc., illegal (unless you actually owned the rights to all the training material, which is practically none of them.). But goodbye anything...
  4. N

    How AI will fail

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0I7kb6zg4
  5. N

    Will A.I. Make Your Brain Lazy? Here’s What the New Research Actually Shows

    Those who used AI as a tutor improved over those who didn't use AI at all, even in long term tests. Those who used AI as a shortcut did better initially, did significantly worse later than all groups. Those who used AI as a tutor had roughly the same brain activity as those who didn't use AI at...
  6. N

    Anecdotal observation - experience matters with effective prompting

    I would say it's more like a higher-level language. Because I've seen the same type of cognitive decline as well throughout my career and technology has lowered the bar of entry. For example, Python vs C++. You can get a lot more done in Python than C++, and it has a ton of convenient...
  7. N

    It’s Time to Cry Wolf Over A.I

    It's not a tool in the same way we had tools during the Industrial Revolution. You can vet the tools of the Industrial Revolution. Once you're confident that it works, then you can displace the effort into thinking and building with the tools, because they do the same thing 100% of the time...
  8. N

    Google Says Its A.I. Hacked Three Companies in Testing Breakout

    It was purposely done, where anyone with 2 brain cells should have known not to put it on a machine with access to the internet. It all makes sense when you think about it. AI is horribly expensive. It doesn't matter that they all just charge $100 or so. Think of it like a loss leader...
  9. N

    The Quiet Way A.I. Is Hitting the Work Force

    People learn by doing far better than learning by watching. Yes, it's slower, but at some point, too much too quickly overwhelms. Even if AI can do the job better and faster, this is not going to end well if no one's capable of actually understanding what the problem domains are.
  10. N

    OpenAI Discloses Six New Incidents of ‘Concerning’ A.I. Behavior

    I mean, I agree with what you said, but... They're the ones creating all the problems. If anything, they should be the least trustworthy people to be considered "experts". But of course, that would never happen.
  11. N

    Diablo 5

    A main issue, if not the main issue, with Diablo 4 is the itemization. There's just nothing that screams reward. So, we have Diablo 1 & 2. I don't think those need any more covering. Diablo 3 went wrong with the release in that the Real Money Auction House made Legendaries near impossible to...
  12. N

    Diablo 5

    Diablo 2 is a continuation of Diablo. Diablo 3 just is not like Diablo 1 or 2 and was not that great of a game until they completely revamped it with the expansion. Then it became fun, but it still doesn't feel anything like Diablo 1 or 2. Diablo 4 on the other hand was fun in very small...
  13. N

    Diablo 5

    It's only going to get worse. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of the future Diablo's became an Xbox Cloud exclusive, now that they charge by the hour.
  14. N

    How AI will fail

    This is all for pure regulatory capture. Because obviously the people creating all the problems are the only people we can trust with the technology.
  15. N

    Diablo 5

    Diablo 3 started out terribly, but it did eventually become fun a couple years later. I know Diablo 4 has improved, but I feel bored while playing it, even after the changes. I still have one more free seasonal pass, but afterwards, I just can't see myself putting any more time into the game...
Back
Top