A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
False Alarm, I was confused because there was another piece of hardware that was showing as missing drivers which i never took care of (and really didn't care to) but i thought it was the controller card. So with that and all my drives missing i thought that was the issue but it wasn't. All i...
I just got my new controller card today. I installed it in the computer and its recognized fine on boot. The controller is also recognizing the 3 hard drives connected to it. The problem being when i boot in windows its listed under "Other Devices --> Unknown Devices" with a yellow exclamation...
Thanks Taco for the recommendation. I received it today and it works perfectly. By default windows server 2012 R2 had drivers for it which is awesome and then i installed the lastest version of intel proset drivers and that worked too :). Now i'm going to get me a quad port version :)
Thanks ya i guess it will just save me the time of trying to crossflash it. I'll probably just end up getting the LSI unit then since i definitely will never use the raid functionality and only want to use it as an HBA
Thanks this is what card i will probably end up going with. A quick question for you on ebay i can get a LSI 9211-8i for just as cheap as ibm m1015. Wouldn't that be the better way to go since your essentially trying to flash the lsi 9211-8i firmware on the card?
Hi everyone, currently i'm using a Intel SASUC8I. Unfortunately today after i received 2 new 4TB drives it only supports up to 2TB drives :(. What is the recommended card these day? Id love to have a card with 4 x SFF-8087 ports but it seems like they are as expensive as ever ($700+) but it has...
I ended up opting for the Intel PT card. It doesn't seem that bad just to install the I350-T4 drivers. If it ends up working out then i will get the quad version of the PT card for my other server. I really don't want to spend $100 on a NIC card.
I actually looked at this card the only thing that worried me was the following amazon comment:
This was installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. The installation went OK, but it caused a boot agent failure warning during the computer start-up. The computer would eventually boot up, but...
Hi guys, last time i tried to order a server style quad gigabit nic for one of my servers i had bad luck (quad port). I always thought if it was intel branded (well it was a dell nic but manufactured by intel) i would be fine but unfortunately what i got would not work with server 2012...
Hi everyone, i'm having a dilemma. My vm server (hyper-v) is currently running a i7-920 (OC @ 3.8GHZ). Running current version of chrome on this machine (vm has 2 vCPU & 4GB) spikes the cpu between 60-80% (the vm is running win 8.1 enteprise). The vm server has three other vms that do next to...
I know right? I bought the card because i've never had a card that wouldn't work with the most recent version of windows. Apparently dell & intel has abandoned the card. It looks like i'm going to have to spend about $200 for a used card from ebay to be assured it will work with server 2012...
Thanks but i just went to their site and its pretty barren. When you click on support all there is an email contact form. I'm probably going to wait until i can find a card that the maker actually has a driver download for server 2012 (r2)..though i'd feel somewhat safe if it was only server 2012.