Recent content by navek8

  1. N

    Laptop/Bluray Player for $365?

    is there any way to check? Do I have to contact dell? I looked and all I saw was the HDD was SATA. I need to find myself a SATA Notebook Blu-ray drive now I think.
  2. N

    Laptop/Bluray Player for $365?

    hmm.. but I could probably find a software work around? Im not trying to do anything illegal... I just want to play real, purchased bluray DVD's :(
  3. N

    Bluray Player

    Thanks :) I appreciate the insight. I love tinkering with things so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. I just want something that READS bluray discs effectively. and I'll figure out how to PLAY them on my own. I'm much better with software than I am with hardware.
  4. N

    Bluray Player

    sweet. buying it now! man I love the advice you get on these forums. thanks so much.
  5. N

    Bluray Player

    I decided to finally grab the damn Bluray player because I saw my friends watching Blue Planet in 1080p and it was gorgeous. So is this a pretty solid buy? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133
  6. N

    Laptop/Bluray Player for $365?

    Is this correct? If I get this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1427748 http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dndwzl1&cs=19&dgvcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&vw=list&cjsku=6v629&afsrc=1 at the base model. Then add this...
  7. N

    $500 Laptop with HDMI and Bluray

    I've found one at about $650 when buying a laptop that has HDMI and switching out the DVD for a Bluray. I'm wondering if I can just get a decent video card laptop with DVI out, use a DVI to HDMi convertor, then buy the Bluray drive for $69.99 and it would have the same effect?
  8. N

    Budget HTPC (noob)

    I'll take some pics when I get home from work tonight :) I got the MOBO/RAM/CPU you recommended, the PSU from my buddy. The WD Green from ZZF. I dropped the video card, and got the Beta NZXY case. The case was REALLY easy to work on, lots of room for everything, it runs super cool and...
  9. N

    Budget HTPC (noob)

    in case anyone was wondering. all the parts arrived yesterday and fit together beautifully. it runs incredibly well. I benchmarked it and its running like a champ. I watched Blue Planet in 1080p last night on the big screen and it was GORGEOUS. The case was incredibly easy to work with (I...
  10. N

    100 GB File Transfer

    sweet. getting filezilla right now. is there a lot of configuration I have to deal with? It'd be nice to access my home server from work too. I'd probably have to forward some ports I'm guessing but hopefully not much else.
  11. N

    100 GB File Transfer

    yea I will. Im at work right now, and Im trying to transfer over a bunch of very large video files from my work laptop to watch on my TV tonight (which is hooked up to my server PC). And dont want to wait an hour or two after I get home to watch them.
  12. N

    100 GB File Transfer

    my pc isnt setup as a server yet. its just another PC on the network right now. Is there an easy way to set up the FTP? Some software or something?
  13. N

    100 GB File Transfer

    out of curiousity, how are you setting up the USB transfer? external enclosure? Is that the fastest way? I wish there was a cheap USB male - male cable I could buy that just figures it out for me.
  14. N

    100 GB File Transfer

    I have 100GB on my laptop that I want to get on to my Data Server which is right next to it. What's my best approach to doing this? I could just plug a cross over ethernet cable from one NIC to the other? Or I could pull out one of the 1TB HDD, throw it in an external enclosure, and copy...
  15. N

    Budget HTPC (noob)

    Damn I already ordered that Beta case. I read a lot of good reviews on it so hopefully it will be fine. I heard they make very sturdy easy to work on cases. I hate working on cases where you have to fish wires around and find creative ways to reach screws and stuff. Plus it has the side-facing...
Back
Top