• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by nataku00

  1. N

    Audio-Techinca ATH-A900 Headphones Review @ [H]

    I used a pair of ATH-A900's for almost two years before I gifted them to my sister. They fit my head well, so they were light and comfortable. With a good seal around your ear, and decent source, they are not shy on bass, with forward mids and decent higher frequencies. I've moved on to...
  2. N

    iPod nano (1st generation) Replacement Program

    Thanks for the nice trade, Apple, 4 gb first gen for a 8gb 6th gen ipod nano :D
  3. N

    Amp + DAC Recommendations For an HD650

    Oh, I'm definitely a fan of the audiophile world. I have a DIY DAC and amp for my desk set up :P
  4. N

    Amp + DAC Recommendations For an HD650

    I find a lot of what guy writes interesting, but he uses such a holier than thou tone in his writing.
  5. N

    HD 650 and proper amp

    The Xonar should be fine for driving the HD 650. Just try that for a bit and see if you find the HD650 performing to your tastes or not. The Fiio E7 isn't a good option since it's more of a DAC and a portable amp. If you pair the E7 with the E9 desktop amp, that would be a good starter...
  6. N

    13"ish laptop shopping...

    Love my x220. Picked it up with an i3 processor and an IPS screen and no OS for under $600. Then added a SSD for $200 for a great lightweight machine.
  7. N

    Post your workstations 2011

    Specifically, it looks like the Enigma package for Rainmeter.
  8. N

    Lenovo posts X220 specs, IPS display is an option

    I bought my x220i (i2310, 2 gb ram, ips screen, no OS, 4 cell battery) for just under $600 shipped. Regretted not getting the 9 cell battery and ended up buying that, along with additional ram and a crucial c300 128gb ssd to bring my total cost to about $1000 now =X
  9. N

    USB Headphones, newb question

    As others have said, a USB headphone has its own DAC that will process the sound. You will have to enable USB audio as your sound card to output sound to the headphone, and bypass any internal soundcard. Some USB DAC's can be very good, though you will have to check on the headphone to see if...
  10. N

    Craigslist a zr24w

    Scaling for a 1080p input from my ps3 wasn't so good for the ZR24w when I tried it. It will stretch the output vertically no matter what I tried. Same happened for my 2408fpw though, so I learned to live with it for a while.
  11. N

    Lenovo posts X220 specs, IPS display is an option

    It is an ultraportable laptop which is the next step up from a netbook. For a 2.8 lb laptop with a 12.5" screen, the resolution is fine. Any higher resolution on such a small screen and you would not be able to read anything. If you're looking for a 17" 1080p, 9 lb desktop replacement...
  12. N

    Lenovo posts X220 specs, IPS display is an option

    I went with the i3 based x220i but with the IPS display as a good ultraportable with a nice screen, and the capability to output hd video to one of my TV's at home whenever I feel like watching a stream of some sort. It's been a great little computer after I installed win7 on it, solid exterior...
  13. N

    Lenovo posts X220 specs, IPS display is an option

    Thank you for the link. Probably could have googled more specifically for 'drives that fit x220' and find that link. I'll have to look out for deal on the C300/400 drives then.
  14. N

    Lenovo posts X220 specs, IPS display is an option

    Anyone have any suggestions for ssd upgrades for the x220? My x220 just shipped and I'm considering upgrading the hdd to ssd since I have to install win7 on it anyway. I've read that it uses the thinner form factor hard disks, but I couldn't find a name for the type of drive used in it.
  15. N

    Post your workstations 2011

    I'm happy to see you also like using chiclet key Apple keyboard with numpad for a PC. Some have questioned why I use one, but I just find typing on it really comfortable.
Back
Top