Recent content by narlzac85

  1. N

    What was the very first video card you ever bought?

    Geforce FX 5200 Only later did I realize it was awful. I mostly played Age of Empires, Unreal Tournament and Total Annihilation, so it probably didn't matter.
  2. N

    The under-rated market segment

    Look at the most popular games and their requirements. Then you'll know why this card is popular. A GTX 750 Ti is great for MOBAs and will run most games just fine with lowered settings and common resolutions. Not requiring any power connection makes it very easy to recommend to people that just...
  3. N

    Monoprice desktop DAC/AMP bad power supply

    I always assumed it was the power supply and it didn't seem worth the hassle to return the whole unit (which works great otherwise) since I didn't buy it directly from monoprice. I just incorrectly assumed that it would be simple to find another 15V power supply. Monoprice would probably just...
  4. N

    Monoprice desktop DAC/AMP bad power supply

    I purchased the Monoprice desktop DAC/AMP several months ago through Massdrop and since day one, I have had trouble powering it on. Maybe 20% of the time it will power on, but once it's on, it works fine. I decided to keep it. So today, I figured I'd plug in a 12V 1A supply just to see what...
  5. N

    Microphone monitoring (talkback)

    right click the volume icon in windows click recording devices click on your microphone click properties go to listen tab check the box next to "listen to this device" apply
  6. N

    Post your Workstation 2012

    In fact, forget the basement!
  7. N

    Post your Workstation 2012

    I need that ZOE Anubis figurine more than I need air.
  8. N

    Strange artifact on 5770. Need help

    Unigine results: Some white dot patterns(DX11 run), and some other dots around a light source (DX9 run) I almost missed them because they're hard to see, but if these are artifacts, I'm probably safe saying my card is worthy of warranty exchange. I'll test my onboard video after...
  9. N

    Strange artifact on 5770. Need help

    I forgot to mention that I tried reduced clocks. In fact I reduced them all the way to idle speeds and still got artifacts reported in tray tools. Didn't try to run any games at those clock speeds though. It was the newest version of tray tools too. That's the basis for me not trusting it. At...
  10. N

    Strange artifact on 5770. Need help

    My 5770 produces a strange artifact in any game with transparent textures from what I can tell. It happens in Oblivion, WoW and Torchlight. In Oblivion it is a constant flickering on grass textures and is nearly non-existent if I turn grass off although it occasionally flickers in other places...
  11. N

    Post your workstations 2011

    Its the cover art from Constellations by August Burns Red
  12. N

    LG 32LD450

    I know this is a dead thread, but for people that run into this via google (like I did, even though I frequent the site), I just got this TV, tried for hours to get the text to look good over hdmi and couldn't get it to be sharp at all and colors just looked awful (while connected to the PC)...
  13. N

    Your my last resort....

    if you have you computer connected to your TV via hdmi, then perhaps the TV detects an audio signal coming through hdmi when in windows and tries to play that audio source (nothing at all), but when in Linux, there may not be driver support for the hdmi audio or maybe its not enabled. Then...
  14. N

    Is it possible to convert toslink to a 3.5mm headphone jack output?

    You're going to need a spdif to analog converter, like this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=180-998#windowcontent I've never used it, but it looks exactly like it would fit your needs. Another option is to buy an entry level surround sound receiver for around $120 and...
  15. N

    Games/MP3 players on headset, notifications on speaker

    if your headphone port shows up as another sound device in windows, then you can just have your audio player and games manually set to play through the headphone port. If your speakers turn off when you plug in your headphones, then it is unlikely to be possible. The alternative is to use your...
Back
Top