• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by myounage

  1. M

    HDMI vs Optical

    AH, I see why people didn't like it. It bridged from the PC's analogue outputs. So the chain was Digital->anallogue->digital->analogue, rather than just digital-analogue a la a proper connection between receiver and PC. I went ahead and ordered their 5.1 external X-Fi card though.
  2. M

    HDMI vs Optical

    Will this do the job perhaps? EDIT: Nope, it won't. No DTS-i or DDL. I'd *love* a "$30 DDL encoder" though. The Asus XOnar U1 sounds fantastic, but can't get it without it being bundled with some headphones I don't need. As far as sound cards go I want external for laptop use and I'm looking at...
  3. M

    HDMI vs Optical

    Name would be excellent. That said, it doesn't look like my sound card can do 5.1 over optical :(. Will a $30 Geforce 210 do the job over HDMI? Can I plug it in at the same time as my 275 for audio use and not have windows / NV drivers go apeshit? My PC does not have a Blu-Ray Drive (with no...
  4. M

    HDMI vs Optical

    Motherboard does support DTS, actually, and Dolby Digital as well.
  5. M

    HDMI vs Optical

    I'm getting a decent Pioneer receiver tomorrow or the day after, Dwolla withdrawals permitting. Not entry-level but not expensive either. It does HDMI sound, 3D passthrough, etc. My GTX 275 lacks HDMI out, so I'm going to be using optical out from the PC instead. It's going to be hooked up to a...
  6. M

    How is the on board sound these days?

    On-board is 100% equivalent to dedicated if you're using digital output to a proper receiver (optical, orange RCA). Only when using the hardware's actual sound reproduction is there a quality difference. That said, onboard is pretty good now. "Good enough" a good 99% of the time, mind you. Even...
  7. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Alright, upped QPI again ... was fine for two days uptime until the system hung while web browsing. Would increasing vdimm to 1.70 help? My QPI is 1.41 atm. Before upping qpi from 1.40, I got an error that superfetch stopped working and Windows wanted to run its memory test.
  8. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Hum. Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal That is ... new. Never had that before on this system. Hardware failure? (4.0 QPI, 1.23 vCore (which is what the auto setting uses, should be enough, since auto will almost always overshoot the required by a couple of increments.))
  9. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Alright, the more I test the more I'm convinced the current settings are fine. The system hangs without BSOD have been pinpointed as QPI, and I have not had a single one at any QPI setting above 1.37. It is currently sitting at 1.40 after getting an 0x050 BSOD (page fault in non-paged area) at...
  10. M

    Anyone Play Dragon Age II for PC yet?

    It's really bad. Worst Bioware game I've ever played by a huge margin.
  11. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Alright, might take it higher. But what about this shutting down and restarting nonsense? What's that indicative of? That only started just recently. Before if my QPI was low I would get those hangs or BCC 124 BSODs. Now I don't even get errors in Linpack anymore, but after a while the system...
  12. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Alright, I downed QPI all the way back to 1.35, and upped vcore to 1.23 in its place and it is more stable than it was when vcore was 1.20 and QPI was 1.40. I'm thinking it actually is vcore at this point, as I have not had any crashes and linpack / prime run quite a bit longer before picking...
  13. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    1.40, still an error after 38 minutes. I've actually been able to dial vcore all the way down to 1.18 without any changes to my (in)stability.
  14. M

    I give up [i7 920]

    Goddamn .. my temps are already getting too high too. 69C surface temp during linpack. I'm not sure 1.4xx is even an option, I'm at 1.35 right now.
Back
Top