• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by mteksoldier

  1. M

    If u looking for 8800 gt

    I hopped on the Dell deal. It's worth it to me to wait a bit to buy one at $207. Thanks for linking it!
  2. M

    Any one notice NewEgg...?

    I'd like to thank Kyle and XFX. A great deal!
  3. M

    About to go ahead with new gaming rig

    Just ordered it all. Can't wait to put it together. Thanks everyone!
  4. M

    About to go ahead with new gaming rig

    After a couple weeks of reading tech review sites, tech forums (especially this one) I'm about ready to go ahead and order this new build. I guess the only thing that is compelling me to post this thread instead of just placing the order is that this will be my first time OC'ing so I just want...
  5. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    Ok, another reason I was put off by the Thermalright 120 was that I was just checking Newegg for costs. Newegg had it for $65 and the Scythe S-Flex for $30! Spending over $100 with shipping factored in blew my mind. However, jab-tech has them for $50 and $14 respectively. I didn't realize...
  6. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    Ok, looks like I was jumping the gun a bit. If the Arctic Freezer isn't going to cut it, then no problem. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right. I guess I was just put off a bit by the massive size of the Tunic and Thermalright 120, and someone mentioned the Freezer earlier in the...
  7. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    I read through your guide you linked. Great resource. Bookmarked. Now I think its time for me to iron out all the details of my soon to be Q6600 build. Thanks everyone!
  8. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    Ok, so I've been thinking over the posts in this thread and have done some more research and am warming up to building a system around the Q6600. I'm thinking along the lines of a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R and Arctic Freezer 7 Pro. Since this will be my first OC attempt I'm OK with not achieving...
  9. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    Wow, so many great responses already. You guys rock! Definitely helping me out a ton. Thank you. So it looks like noise will be a non-issue for me assuming I pick up a quality case and fans. Cost/performance seems a lot better especially with the recommendation of the Abit IP-35-E...
  10. M

    OC'ing - cost/benefit ratio

    I'm looking to build a new PC in the near future and for the first time I'm thinking about entering the wonderful world of overclocking. I've always kind of wanted to do it, and I think it could be a fun little project for my next build. However, I've got to decide if the added costs of...
Back
Top