Recent content by MountainGaurdian

  1. MountainGaurdian

    Question regarding Intel processors and the VRAM pulled out of RAM

    Now to wait until all my parts show up to continue...... probably the toughest part of building something... lol... Time to do some more study on Win 10 and VRAM allocation I guess...
  2. MountainGaurdian

    Question regarding Intel processors and the VRAM pulled out of RAM

    As for the IGPU, it is automatically disabled when you plug a GPU into the PCI, yet the 3GB RAM is still allocated to VRAM. Now from what I understand system RAM comes first and foremost so if I used over 3GB of system RAM it would simply use more RAM for the system and less for VRAM so in the...
  3. MountainGaurdian

    Question regarding Intel processors and the VRAM pulled out of RAM

    As for memory usage with the few internet tabs I have open and background programs running I am using 2.67 GB of RAM memory, as I stated I have no memory shortage issues as my computer is generally pretty minor for the most part. About the only time I ever challenge is when I am modding or...
  4. MountainGaurdian

    Question regarding Intel processors and the VRAM pulled out of RAM

    It is not "using" the memory as I do not really do too much that is particularly gpu intensive generally. I was just reading that it is best to have twice the amount of system RAM as you have dedicated VRAM. With my 4 GB memorey and 8 GB memory I would have 12 GB system RAM and the 6 GB VRAM...
  5. MountainGaurdian

    Question regarding Intel processors and the VRAM pulled out of RAM

    I picked up a "new to me" computer a few weeks ago and old HP 500-205T with a Pegatron Memphis-S motherboard. It currently has an i3-4160 Haswell 3.5 GHz Dual core 4 thread cpu in it. Right now it only has 6 GB og RAM in it and it is pulling 3 GB out of that for VRAM added to the 1 GB on my...
  6. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    Device manager labels with the code associated with a 1050 Ti, that is because the BIOS has been spoofed to give a false ID. As for the circuit board being fake, it would cost far too much to make a fake board, each change we made to our circuit board designs cost us tens of thousands of...
  7. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    It will have the correct BIOS in it, it just needs the header to be modified. And yes it has to modified manually it cannot be done via software.
  8. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    It actually functions reasonably well, even in games it works until it gets an out of memory error due the erroneous 4GB memory listed when it actually has 2GB. If it is run under the proper drivers with the correct BIOS information it should run alright on some of the ancient computer systems...
  9. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    From some more searching it appears that out of that list only the GTX460 and the GTX560 Ti appear to have the SLI bridge. Can anyone back this up? I might should add the GTS 450 and the 550 Ti into my list though they don't show a manufacture with 2GB memory, doesn't mean that somebody didn't...
  10. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    Going on "Fermi" architecture and GGDR5 memory I came up with these potential possibilities.... GT 340 Feb **, 2010 gddr5 1GB -------------------------------------------- GT 430 Oct 11, 2010 Fermi gddr5 2GB<<<<<<<<< ( GT430 GT 440 Feb 1, 2010 Fermi gddr5 2GB<<<<<<<<<...
  11. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    Watching a video another thought occurred to me, it has to be old enough that one can easily spoof the BIOS, the newer cards that is not possible with, they have probably set the security bit on the chip. When did NVIDIA lock down the BIOS I wonder? That should give me a limit on how new the...
  12. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    I found a number of very close AFOX cards myself no matches but as of bed time last night I was thinking it was likely an AFOX, though I haven't been able to get any closer today.
  13. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    One thing that has been throwing me in all of this is the lack of VGA ports on almost all cards that I can find. Even the 450, 460, 550 and 560 cards appear to be missing VGA output ports according to the GeForce website and the pictures that I can find.
  14. MountainGaurdian

    Identifying an NVIDIA GPU sold as 1050Ti

    Ok, from what I learned the "PAC" on the GPU should give me the architecture of the card, though I cannot find an architecture labeled as PAC anywhere, one could potentially make the jump "Pascal" though that would make the card a bit newer than I would expect, especially with a VGA output on...
Back
Top