Hey guys,
This is my first time setting up any type of network more complex than a cable modem -> wifi router lol. I need to set up a cloud storage based information sharing system, where members of our organization can login and sync up their projects etc that they are collaborating on...
Yeah well as a bare minimum I want my monitors for my tv sound, and I think i'm going to use a mixer for that, or another / different sound card interface.
So you're saying that cable companies use proprietary HDCP "encryptions" so that you can't use any regular tv tuner card, you have to rent...
Also, I'm curious as to how this would work for DVR. Would my cablebox recognize it when i played record a show? or is that only possible if I buy a real legit tv tuner? I'm sure this can record @ scheduled times but im curious if it can change the channel through hdmi only.
Thanks again
well since nobody responded to my wall of text, i'm going to try to make my question more simple. Does anybody have any experience or can recommend this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049
I'm trying to input hdmi sound so my speakers will play it
Thank you
Hey guys, I been looking at an HDMI video input card. I started a thread in the HTPC forum but it kind of died and I answered some of my questions / changed focus so I decided to make a post in this forum. The original thread is here if you wish to see some background info...
another thought that just occured to me, If I buy a seperate soundcard/interface so I can have optical spdif in, how will I play just that sound. What program can I use that will just play an optical input like that, will I have to treat it as a microphone? Or maybe I should expect my new...
yes that is exactly what I am trying to figure out, if you can set up your PC as a DVR without the actual cable tuner in. Also this way I can easily input ps3 or other hdmi inputs as well for capture.
ah yes dustN, you're right I got that confused I only have an optical output. So if I can just get a single optical > USB cable that sounds like a perfect and cheap solution. But on the other hand, if I do actually want to use my computer as my DVR, would one of those hdmi input cards work...
thanks for the quick reply and the info on hdmi sound not being superior,
this is my soundcard/interface http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=53, it has Mic/Instrument 1/4" / XLR inputs, which I believe don't do stereo. Maybe a better option would be to buy another cheap...
Hey guys, I've recently bought a presonus audiobox usb sound card interface, to output balanced signals to my KRK rokit 8" studio monitors which I use for music production and regular listening. I also have a 1080p HDTV that I have an HD cable box connected to and I also use it as my second...
ok I think I found a solution. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182151
6 Onboard USB Ports
5 PCI Ports = 30 USB Ports(6 Ports per card) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158008
2 PCI-E Ports = 10 USB Ports(5 Ports per card)...
It's a machine that seeds SmartCards with their data and tests their RFID. It uses a USB interface for each sensor so it requires many USB ports. Right now we are using hubs but we think they may be causing some problems, so we are trying to switch over to straight hardware ports.
Thanks...
Hey guys, I'm building a new PC to run a program for a machine, the only requirement is that it can support at least 44 USB ports, and run the XP operating system. It will only have one program installed besides the OS. Is there anything special that has to be done to accomodate that many USB...
Basically I was wondering what is a decent video card that can support both dual dvi output and high resolution (2560x1600), that doesn't need to be too beefy on the 3d end.
Thanks