• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by mmurk

  1. M

    An [H] 'Thank You', and a few long overdue pics!

    Very original and amusing write up and pictures. And your daughter is a cutie.
  2. M

    Deleting Old Windows Files

    I have a Windows.old folder that I can't delete because of two SecureROM files in (userprofile)\AppData\Roaming\SecureROM\UserData\. Could that be your problem? I haven't figured out how to get rid of them yet, but since I was able to delete everything else in the Windows.old directory, I'm not...
  3. M

    Windows 7 RC Live Download link

    Thank You!
  4. M

    TimeShift wont Launch (BSOD)

    That's interesting - Timeshift wouldn't run when I installed it in Vista 64. It didn't blue screen, it just wouldn't launch. I emailed support and was told that the game would not run on that OS. I just ended up installing it in XP (dual boot).
  5. M

    Fallout 3 Freezes everytime I go inside a house

    I was having the freezing problem everywhere in the game - I would just be walking along and the video would freeze, but the music continued playing. Ctrl-Alt-Del time. Last week I did a thorough defrag of my hard drive, including individually defragging my save game files (Perfect Disk &...
  6. M

    Vantec NexStar vs Thermaltake BlacX

    I just bought the BlacX yesterday. The build quality is good; the Vantec was described as feeling cheap in reviews on NCIX. That and the colour were the deciding factors for me. I copied about 230GB from one drive to another using the eSATA connection and speeds were around 65MB/s. Swapping a...
  7. M

    Vista 64 Guide?

    Ed Bott at ZDnet has some good usability tweaks: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=474
  8. M

    Best imaging software that creates self bootable media

    Image for Windows / Image for DOS from Terabyte (terabyteunlimited.com) Kind of barebones, but I've found it to be 100% reliable. Excellent support through the forums as well.
  9. M

    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 Drawing

    I'm in.
  10. M

    My BenQ FP241VW + 1080i over component

    I can't answer your question directly, but there is a very long thread on the FP241W in the Display section. I'm sure you will find some information there, as the two monitors are very similar.
  11. M

    BenQ FP241W Settings

    I don't use any of the preset modes. I've tried "Movie" when watching a DVD, but i didn't like it. I should try "Movie" or "Dynamic" while playing a game, but I never remember to make the switch.
  12. M

    BenQ FP241W Settings

    My contrast is set to 50, my brightness to 30; my room is usually fairly dark. You can give 'Monitor Calibration Wizard' program a try, I've had OK results with it. Otherwise, try googling "free monitor calibration software"; there are a few helpful programs out there.
  13. M

    Program to show distribution of data on your hard drives.. help

    I use WinDirStat. Nice program. http://windirstat.info/
  14. M

    Logitech MX1000, still worth getting!

    Yeah the MX1000 is great, but I find it a little heavy for gaming
Back
Top