Recent content by mikey0727

  1. M

    Atric Silver Ceramique Specifications

    Hi Does anyone know the thermal conductivity (in W /m-K) of this paste? Surprisingly I cannot find it on the web site, and the only number I can find googling is on Newegg : Thermal Conductance: >200,000W/m2.°C I am trying to compare it to a different product - Thanks - Mike
  2. M

    My Benchmarks for SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI

    Well - let me first say I'm no expert -- but from the research I did, you only need to make sure you format on a multiple of 4K sectors so you do not degrade performance... The drive reports 512b sectors even though its really 4k - Windows 7 and Vista do this by default - I played with...
  3. M

    My Benchmarks for SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI

    Make sure your nas will format to use a 4K sector boundry, even though the drive emulates and reports 512b sectors, this will effect performance from what Ive read -
  4. M

    My Benchmarks for SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI

    I just set up a RAID 10 on my system with 4 of these to replace 4 of my old Seagate ST3500320AS Drives ICH9R Controller, SW RAID, Win 7 Ultimate 64 w/ latest intel storage driver... The Samsung drives are barely over room temp at idle, and very quiet... If they dont fail they will...
  5. M

    Proper RAID Setup for this configuration -

    Hello, I am setting up a RAID array (RAID 1+0) with four SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB Drives as a storage disk. I am using ICHR9 built in SW RAID. Target OS is Windows 7 64 Bit. I read things about this drive having a physical sector of 4096 bytes and reporting 512 for...
  6. M

    WD20EARS or Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB With ICH9R SW RAID?

    Thanks for the info - Yes I meant RAID 10 Would really like comments from someone who has actually used either drive with an ICH9R I got hosed with the Seagate 7200.11 debacle, and so im leaning WD, Samsung looks nice but is above my price point for 4 drives...
  7. M

    WD20EARS or Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB With ICH9R SW RAID?

    I was thinking of picking up four of these for a RAID 0+1. Does anyone have experience running either of these drives on Intel chipset RAID? (Would be under Win7 x64 OS) With all the different comments about TLER / 4KB advanced formatting, I'm finding it hard to get a clear picture, even after...
  8. M

    Please Comment On My New Build

    On the MoBo: I chose the x48 board because it got good reviews as an overclocker and supports a 1600 Mhz FSB, so I can push the system a little harder later on OC. Also - bad personal experience with Asus and Nvidia in past, so Im staying away from that one.- is 224 for a Mobo on a beefy...
  9. M

    Please Comment On My New Build

    Would Like comments / suggestions on improving this build, and if anything in the configuration is a bottleneck, or extreme overkill when added to the rest of the components. Would Like to run it stock for a while, but be able to overclock a little later . I use the PC for everything...
Back
Top