• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by mikegeig

  1. M

    How long till SB laptops?

    I called Dell and they said that we can expect to see the new laptops in February.
  2. M

    How long till SB laptops?

    I was wandering around Best Buy and noticed that a good portion of their current laptops are on clearance. I just didn't know if we would have days or months before we started seeing something.
  3. M

    How long till SB laptops?

    So, I am waiting for SB to drop before buying a laptop. How long do you think it will be before we start seeing those?
  4. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    I think i will still to my simple, if not amateur, setup.
  5. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    Ah, I see. Here we have a 1 week retention. If a user deletes a file and waits a week to tell me, then it is gone. With a year of retention, you must have a closet full of media.
  6. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    What is the benefit to this versus just doing daily fulls though? It seems like added complexity for no gain, unless I am reading something wrong.
  7. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    Even after reading the link you posted, I don't quite understand it. Why would you do something like a gandfather-father-son system instead of just taking daily full backups?
  8. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    I don't believe I will see rapid data growth. As it stands, I can buy the RD1000 drive for $389. An LTO 4 drive would cost me ~$3500. Even at a $100 difference in media, the RD1000 is still much cheaper.
  9. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    OK, but 640gb is the uncompressed size.
  10. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    I am looking at a RD1000 drive with 640gb hard disk cartridges. It seems to be a fairly cheap and effective solution. What do you think? Have you heard anything bad about them? Ghost6303: I didn't know you could do that. What is that actually called (technical name) so I can research it a bit...
  11. M

    Help choosing a backup solution

    Hello everyone, I am very new to Disaster recovery and backup solutions, so any help would be appreciated. I am purchasing (2) Servers to run Hyper-V. In total I plan on have 8 virtual servers running across the 2 machines. Each server will have a raid 5 configured with (3) 600gb hard drives...
Back
Top