• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by mikazo

  1. M

    A+ Certification

    Thanks TechieSooner, well summarized. The book devman suggested is over 1000 pages... I don't think I'd have time to absorb all that before the summer, on top of all the other school work I'm doing. Is there really enough up-to-date material online to get you by? I'm just wondering how much...
  2. M

    A+ Certification

    Right, forgot about your book. So is 6th edition the newest? Or have all the stuff I need to know anyway? Sounds like it, if you recommend it. Thanks for the clarification.
  3. M

    A+ Certification

    Ok so I checked the website out and was surprised to find many test centers in my area. For where I live, the exam voucher costs $163.00 and the two textbooks cost $70.00 each (Essentials and 220-602). that's a total of $303.00. It's sort of a steep price, but I'm thinking it will be worth it to...
  4. M

    linksys help important plz

    http://register.wireless.utoronto.ca/?page=linksys It's fairly simple, just pick a security mode and a passphrase. Or you could always tell it not to broadcast your SSID.
  5. M

    A+ Certification

    I have a decent amount of experience just from toying around with my own computers (hardware and software), so I imagine I would have at least enough knowledge to get me started on the job. A Future Shop just opened up in my hometown, where I'm going to work for the summer. Apparently they...
  6. M

    A+ Certification

    Hey all, New forum member. Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. I hope to get a summer job next summer to do with computer setup/repair and I see that some places require A+ Certification. Just wondered, is this an excellent asset to have or a waste of time? Is it expensive? Do any of...
Back
Top