Recent content by mhiscott

  1. M

    P5B-E... 5.1/DTS capable?

    So I went with the P5B-E motherboard instead of the deluxe model because I didn't really need any Wifi capability. I figured same mobo would probably have the same sound chipset, but it seems that I can't run DTS/DD 5.1 out through the optical jack. I've heard of others having the setting in...
  2. M

    Fair price to pay for an older mac?

    Looking for an older machine to play around with OS X on, and I found a guy selling this locally. Blue-White G3 Tower -450 mhz g3 -20 gb hdd -DVD drive -10/100 ethernet -ati pos graphics -256 mb ram -OS X 10.3 He's asking 170 CAN dollars, so around 150 bux US. It's just the tower...
  3. M

    Thinking of buying Acer laptop, thoughts?

    The laptop I've set my eyes on is "Acer TravelMate TM4402WLMi Turion 64 15.4" ATI Mobility RADEON X700" Seems to be a pretty decent package for the price, the only thing I'm concerned about is the Acer name, as they used to be considered lower end quality wise. I have, however, had this laptop...
  4. M

    Intel D845PEBT2 problems (IDE Channel)

    I've lost the functionality of the secondary IDE channel on my D845PEBT2 motherboard recently. The devices still show up in the bios, as well as in device manager and "my computer". The contents of the drives, however, do not appear. The two drives I have hooked up on the second IDE channel...
Back
Top