• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by mdmccordmd

  1. M

    Need LOTS of help setting up 2p with questions

    Well, I had several of the older 212's here so i had to order the 2011 socket clamp for it. Glad to know it will fit, seems a bit tight on one side, perhaps not. I have DDR-3 1600 memory here to use. Interesting that Intel says the E5-2620 does not support 1600 memory, only 1333 from their...
  2. M

    Need LOTS of help setting up 2p with questions

    To answer the question, the board is a Supermicro MBD-X9DRL-3F-0. Looking at it, seems a bit tough to mount the heatsinks, will have to study up on it. Any suggestions? Also how much memory is enough to run -bigadv now without bottlenecks? Is 16Gb enough for a dedicated folder on this board? How...
  3. M

    Best PPD for a 2600K

    Big adv still around but they increased the number or cores/threads to 12 I think before you can download a unit. People have ways around such issues if you have a fast enough 8 thread machine to make deadlines, but don't know what they are or how to do it, but I am certain somebody here does...
  4. M

    Need LOTS of help setting up 2p with questions

    Hello [H] friends. Mike McCord from MaxPC. Trying to setup a linux 2p boxen I know very little about. Here are some questions, just answer by number, ha! 1. Can "regular desktop" DDR3-1600 memory be used in a 2p server-type board (am going to run Xeon in socket 2011)? 2. When installing Ubuntu...
  5. M

    Questions about 2p system for Xeon e5

    Hello [H]. Mike McCord here from MaxPC. Since you guys are the unquestioned 2p-4p builders, I have a couple questions. I was thinking about building a 2p system with the new e5-2690 for a total 32 threads. What are the team's thoughts about this proc for folding vs. the Magny-Cours or whatever...
Back
Top